Outrigger slow motion vid

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really cool. You can see how every time the sponson touches the water on the torque side leaves a divet and bends the sponson. Amazing that they can take these forces over and over and stay together. Cool Video.

Wow .... Out of the box thinking there ... I must have watched that video 20 times. .

The right sponson appears to have some tape or clear shrink on the front of it. They also look (to me ) like they may have been printed and are hollow..(?)

The slow mo really shows the way the boom tubes absorbs the hit of the water against the sponsons...looks like the boat has independent front suspension!! Tub flies nice and level,,keeps the props hooked up..

Either by design or by luck it just really works!!
Could cantilevered coilover shocks be far behind??

This is a two .45 boats of my friend Roman Agafonov bonded together. We dont have twin boats here in Russia, but once time i suggest Roman to make that boat for fun. He make some technical solutions and result you see in this video.
Video made by Anton Chernenko, russian mono racer. He has a lot of draft material, with slow motion also, but don't have time to make video as well.

The right sponson appears to have some tape or clear shrink on the front of it

That made for remove a stream of water inside sponson. It was to lazy to make new big sponsons :) sponsons made from carbon fibre and loaded pu foam. That boats have some rear center of mass.

A lot of information about how the outrigger sponsons works was obtained after this video

Back