OS XZ M Speed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normlee

The OS Speed 1/8 buggy engines are fantastic. Does anyone rate the on road watercooled version please?

I have one.. NIB.. when we OS stared on this motor we asked for a 320 to 340 bore on the carb.. and a standard plug.. 

BUT.. they did not move that direction.

To me.. those.. the carb bore in particular needs to be changed.

Grim

it was the last project motor we were bouncing around ideas..

I have a number of very fast OS IB motors..  they will be the power for my new Jag III

Grim

Joern, where can someone buy that motor? Having a hard time finding it
I have one and I’m not impressed with it, there are in my opinion lots of better engines from CMB, Nova. The carb is too big, I changed mine for a MAC 21 carb and the engine performed a lot better but after years of playing with it just can’t get it to perform like all the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may also want to try the 40E carb which is 8,5 mm (0,335") it is a great carb for sure. 
Been using this one on several engines, only with a modification to the drumshaft. (it is very long cause this carb was ment for the 50 SX-H engine)

25281000 40E.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the outboard version of that engine that Rody Rome sells. On my Vision running the 21D carb and a gadget craft carbon pipe, I had no issues with throttle ability, wasn’t finicky to start on the stand, and ran like a scalded cat.

I have two of the outboard version as well, running both 21D and 40E carb. I can not decide which one is the better one.
However the 21D is a very nice carb!! Running the 21D on Nova Rossi .46 outboard make a big difference compared to the original NR carb.
All in all I just love the OS carbs.

Latest posts

Back