OS Lower Unit Mod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnelbill

Has anyone replace the Teflon line with a brass liner in the OS like we did with KB. I had some sever binding this weekend and it was a shaft/tube problem.

Thanks,

TB

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock cable and stock liner and ZERO issues. As a matter of fact I thought I better replace the liner in mine this summer after 3 years of ZERO maintenance (Shame on me). Good as new. No need to change.

So.. not sure what might be going on.. I buzz the living B-geeesers out of them too!

Keep us posted.

Grim

I always change mine out for brass. I think there's a valid reason for doing that but I also don't think it makes a huge difference. I always try to avoid high rpm launches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grim, it looks like the PTO was hitting the bottom of the hole, so not a problem but I would like to replace with brass.

Mike S. I have to mail order the brass do you know what size or sizes I need?

Thanks.

TB

Well.. I suspect you have a different issue then cable. The PTO shaft should not touch the lower. The bearings might not be in place.

If the boat pourposes.. you will fail cables. I get a season on a cable. Not sure I could ask for more.

Grim

Well.. I suspect you have a different issue then cable. The PTO shaft should not touch the lower. The bearings might not be in place.

If the boat pourposes.. you will fail cables. I get a season on a cable. Not sure I could ask for more.

Grim
Grim,

I have to check it over but that is all I can see. I did not give much info, the power head is Not a OS. It was locked up solid, I had to remove the power head to free it up.

Thanks,

TB

Back