OPS TWIN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom galdys

Does anyone still have this article from Model Airplane News November 1976 on the OPS B 20 Twin marine engine? I thought I copied it from here. I bought Engine #7 from someone here and I need a pic of the flywheel OPS put on this motor. Thank you in advance. Tom Galdys

Attachments

• OPS B.20 Marine page 1.jpg
    OPS B.20 Marine page 1.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 100
Hi Tom,
The flywheel is conical, made from Steel and measures 51 mm rear and 43 mm on front end (coupling side). Its 28 mm long.
Hope this helps.
Greetings from Germany
Joachim

Thank you, I just read your reply. Does anyone have the article or know where I can get a copy? I have Engine #7 and is available

In the OPS Facebook group there is a film when you can see and HEAR the B 20 running.
File is to big to attach.

Also unable to upload the link of the B 20 directly.

Group OPS: Facebook Groups > media > video's (might be neccessary to register)

Hope this works ?

B-20 with muffled pipes is mine.

Rob.

Attachments

• IMG_1607-1.jpg
    IMG_1607-1.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Thank You Rob. You have 2 of these? Very cool. I'm wondering if I should run mine as it has never seen fuel. I have #7 but no box and the only thing not original is the flywheel. What would you do? Tom

No, I have only the one in front with the muffled pipes.
The back one is from a friend and is for sale but expensive also never run.

Difficult question if you want to run it, spare parts are not available as far as I know.
What type of boat do you have in mind, a Cobra from Merlotti ?

Rob.

Attachments

• unnamed 2.jpg
    unnamed 2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 45
  • unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 46
Hi,
yes this was the record breaking modelboat from Giorgio Merlotti.
I still remember when we drove together on the Italian Highway with 150 mph plus and two policeman follow us with Motto Guzzi bikes but when they come closer they reduce the speed and let him go.
We are on the way to visite the OPS manufactory during competition. His boat was great.
Happy Amps Christian

Back