On the bench!

Help Support intlwaters.com:

RichJones

Heck of a lot easier and much more precise as far as how everything fits together. Care to share pics of your jig???

RichJones

ML makes a good kit here my 82U55 Houston I had built. I have the epoxyglass cowl for that boat .
View attachment 290074View attachment 290075
Very nice Phil. Have you thought about doing a Timex in 1/667? I may be interested in doing one as I have the Newton Plans in 1/8 but I would probably just get the 101 kit from ML. I just don’t have a source for the cowl and not too keen on trying to make one.

Last edited:

P THOMAS

Very nice Phil. Have you thought about doing a Timex in 1/667? I may be interested in doing one as I have the Newton Plans in 1/8 but I would probably just get the 101 kit from ML. I just don’t have a source for the cowl and not too keen on trying to make one.
I have the 1/6th gas kit and the scale motor, I have a cowl that could work too. I would sell, send me pm

ChrisHerzog

ML makes a good kit here my 82U55 Houston I had built. I have the epoxyglass cowl for that boat .
View attachment 290074View attachment 290075
I wish I would have know that about a week earlier Phil. I was talking to Kevin S. The other day and he told me that you had a mold for that cowl. I just had ordered two from RC Boat Comp when I had talked to Kevin. I’m building two boats now but if I do any more I will surly be in touch.

ChrisHerzog

Heck of a lot easier and much more precise as far as how everything fits together. Care to share pics of your jig???
Let me know if you want something in particular.

Attachments

ChrisHerzog

No that’s great Chris. So it’s essentially a flat surface the width of the bottom with the upright pieces to keep the sponsons in line? Pretty simple. Nice work!
Yep that’s pretty much it. On this hull the outer stringers are lower then the inner stringers so they run along the outside of the flat area but hard against the edge. The flat area is the exact size of the inner tunnel between the sponsons all the way to the transom.

ChrisHerzog

Thank you!
Most likely a Speedmaster strut and rudder blade. Don F. scale rudder bracket. Slightly modified Seaducer motor mount (to be used as a floor mount) and a older CC Racing Pro-mod eng and alum pipe. I haven’t decided on the turn fin but most likely a Virginia Craftsman fin.