ON/OFF switch set-up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea.. not a fan.. the locking action can be a problem in the retrieve boat.. and its "a hole"

Grim

I mentioned the magnetic switches to a friend of mine he said a good racer had installed them in all of his boats for a nationals race and had so much trouble with them turning off in the middle of a heat he had switched them all back by the next day.
I have heard of a couple sailplane guys did have turn off problems with zepsus switches. Problem turned out to be mounting the switch next to Bluebird brand servos. Seems Bluebird servos have a big voltage spike during operation. Have not heard of any other problems, even so I do try to keep the switch away from servos if I can. I haven't heard of anybody having problems with high current wiring near the switch, such as in high power electrics.

One thing has me concerned about that switch.
In the video, Mike showed that the switch has three cut off modes that are used to protect the batteries. No problem there EXCEPT what will the receiver and servos do if that cut off is reached? IIRC, the fail safes in the system only work with power to the receiver as it's reacting to a loss of signal. If the low battery cut off is reached, wouldn't that leave the boat's drive system on? More to the point, with a gas or nitro powered boat, if the receiver is off due to the switch shutting the receiver off, wouldn't the last command to the servos be where the servos would stay, meaning a boat that has the engine running would just keep running with no way to stop it due to no receiver response due to the switch?

Back