ON/OFF switch set-up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use a 4mm plug as a safety loop setup like in FE boats...they would be drawing a dew amps in those setups and to me, a normal switch wouldn't feel right or beefy enough.

I am sure a standard switch setup (,ona dubro mount for example) is good though...i just like the thought of overkill due to the power requirements of thw servos used.

OK.. this Zepus stuff is VERY cool.. I need to GET ME SOME! turning on a Rocket would be awesome with this.

Grim

Yeah that's pretty cool. The less holes you need to drill in the radio box, the better.

Mark, how long have you been using these?

Brian

Three years plus. No issues with them, unless if one wants to count the time I wired it up backwards.. LOL Yeah, it's flow directive. Doesn't state which way, figured it out by mistake.

If you buy a Zepus, they give you this tiny 1/8" x 1/8"round magnet. NOT. This is what I bought to clip on a belt loop. Smart Magnet
hm3-768x322.jpg

The Zepsus work even better on boats with a clear plastic radio box lid. Activating the switch under a painted cowl can sometimes be frustrating, a clear lid is so much easier, but even so the vibration resistance is worth it.
My friend Alan Terry went to Zepsus switches after a problem with the radio switch in his gas twin hydro.

If you all look around on Amazon there are quite a few different magnetic and reed type switches you can make you own custom designed ones depending on your needs. Just FYI.

Zepsus are not reed switches, they are solid state devices that are actuated by magnets. Impossible to cause noise with vibration. Google Zepsus magnetic switch.

I mentioned the magnetic switches to a friend of mine he said a good racer had installed them in all of his boats for a nationals race and had so much trouble with them turning off in the middle of a heat he had switched them all back by the next day.

Mike, have you seen or tested the Futaba ESW-2J switch? This is an electronic pushbutton switch. Looks like it could be solid mounted under a thin lexan lid and just pressed on and off underneath the lid. Futaba USA does not have a picture, but Amain does. The switch has an IP64 rating which is splash resistant.

Futaba electronic switch

I have not.. But do have the ESW-1D in my Petrol Helicopter and so far no issues. Its FET driven... I like this switch but would like to explore more. (I like it)

https://futabausa.com/product/uba0324/
But.. I will order up a few of the ESW-2Js and do some testing.. (I had seen this switch some time ago.. then it seems it disappeared.. LOL.. I am such a spaz!)

Grim

Mike, have you seen or tested the Futaba ESW-2J switch? This is an electronic pushbutton switch. Looks like it could be solid mounted under a thin lexan lid and just pressed on and off underneath the lid. Futaba USA does not have a picture, but Amain does. The switch has an IP64 rating which is splash resistant.

Futaba electronic switch

in thinking.. i would hate to have somebody prep to launch the boat and grab it and turn it off.. (maybe not an issue.... thinking)

Latest posts

Back