Old boats from 68-77

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like Model boaters in those days built from there own design. Lots of individual inspiration. Some of the sport hydros in those photos would not be legal today.

Thanks for sharing Phil.

Jim

I recognize many of the racers and even found an image of me :)
yes thought that was you, it was at lake Ida.
We came a long way from starting on ground no start tables, rope starts, no carbon fiber boom tubes, geared twin motors to single shaft, and megaphone exhaust stacks no tuned pipes, mufflers.

It looks like Model boaters in those days built from there own design. Lots of individual inspiration. Some of the sport hydros in those photos would not be legal today.

Thanks for sharing Phil.

Jim
Those Scale hydros were early 70 models no rear exhaust 67 around then so pipes were on the side. new motors and rules changed that.

yes thought that was you, it was at lake Ida.
We came a long way from starting on ground no start tables, rope starts, no carbon fiber boom tubes, geared twin motors to single shaft, and megaphone exhaust stacks no tuned pipes, mufflers.

The thing that I remember most about that Internats was Glenn Cupit beating one of the new outriggers (Ed Nalley) with a Hughey Boat for a US#1 40 hydro runoff. Glen was never more than 18" off any bouy during the race.

Back