Okay History info! what year and first R/C boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1978, scratch built tunnel fron MAN plans. Maybe an old JD design. Looked like a Lapcat. Cut the K&B 21OB lower unit to add an OPS pipe straight out the back. Radio was an old Futaba 2ch wheel box on 72.160. Still got it around here somewhere. Ran at the old Atlanta club pond in Stone Mountain park. Raymond and Lamar got me hooked.

1985, first boat was a scratch built Ski Vee with K&B 7.5 OB. Also built a couple of Lapcats, another shorter Ski Vee, and a wooden Weed Wacker powered deep V, like the Dumas Scarab. Raced with friends at the local pond for many years then took a 20 year break. Back into boats again now, with a Sonicwake, Dumas Hotshot 45 with electric conversion, and a TFL Genisis. Just the start though, as I have my eye on building an unlimited hydro and an outrigger soon. The technology sure has changed. Better radios, powerful batteries, and big motors. Lots of fun to be had.

Attachments

• Ski Vee 40 Boat.jpg
    Ski Vee 40 Boat.jpg
    679.3 KB · Views: 27
1982ish, Prather Fast Cat tunnel with K&B 3.5 OB and a Prather 31” Offshore DV with a K&B 3.5 IB…never raced, just lots of fun!

Latest posts

Back