Oils AINT oils

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Kingston

Wanting to know what people think when it comes to their fuel mix preference

For example i currently run mostly 50% nitro (some 60% in OBT's)

Any how, my fuel mix to make up 5L was as follows...

50% nitro

30% Methonal

20% KL-100 super techniplate (which is a 80% synthetic 20% castor)

I know that some people run less oil some as low as 12%, and i have also run a mix on 15%. However i find that the 20% is easy to remember and its working really well for me so ill keep running, as i dont need that much more out of my motors by running less oil at this stage. Im happy with it so leaving that...

My question is now im having trouble locating a local hobby shop that sells the K-100. I want to support the local guy before i order from overseas.

I have spoken to several people now about the K-200, and K-198 Klotz that the local guy sell. Im just not sure i can run this product without mixing castor oil... Can i run the K-200 mix in my fuel without castor? All the people i have spoken to seam to have mixed views... Yes its fine to run it as the only oil mix and No i should do a 20%castor 80% synthetic....

Views people would be appreciated?

Does anyone run a full synthetic mix? Whats the blend please.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Wanting to know what people think when it comes to their fuel mix preference

For example i currently run mostly 50% nitro (some 60% in OBT's)

Any how, my fuel mix to make up 5L was as follows...

50% nitro

30% Methonal

20% KL-100 super techniplate (which is a 80% synthetic 20% castor)

I know that some people run less oil some as low as 12%, and i have also run a mix on 15%. However i find that the 20% is easy to remember and its working really well for me so ill keep running, as i dont need that much more out of my motors by running less oil at this stage. Im happy with it so leaving that...

My question is now im having trouble locating a local hobby shop that sells the K-100. I want to support the local guy before i order from overseas.

I have spoken to several people now about the K-200, and K-198 Klotz that the local guy sell. Im just not sure i can run this product without mixing castor oil... Can i run the K-200 mix in my fuel without castor? All the people i have spoken to seam to have mixed views... Yes its fine to run it as the only oil mix and No i should do a 20%castor 80% synthetic....

Views people would be appreciated?

Does anyone run a full synthetic mix? Whats the blend please.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
David I purchase KL100 KLOTZ @ my Local Motorcycle shop. Ecpecially if they Sale & Service Dirt bikes. We have been racing KL100 Klotz in Dirt bikes for years. Also Many Motorcycle parts networks on the west coast USA sell it in gallons.(rocky mountain cycle.com)

Joe

Thanks heaps for that...

I live in an area where there is heaps of trail bikes, for social and racing... Didnt even thing of checking them out cause im not into bikes personally.

Sure would like to continue to run the K-100. Works fine for me.

Thanks for that reply

Dave

I run the full synthetic, no castor. I blend Morgan blue synthetic oil with UCON LB625. In my 65% fuel that I run in hte 21, I run 9% oil. The 55% fuel for 45 and up runs 12% oil. Seems to work for me.

Dave,

If you luck out with the bike shops, check and see if a local hobby shop deals with Hobby Headquarters. If they do they might be able to get KL100 thru them.

OR

If you can track down KL200, try and track down Klotz BC175 also. KL100 is a mix of those 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back