Oil for Mixing Fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn McClintic

I need an opinion here (and I know there are a million on Oils).

I have been mixing my own fuel for years, using Wold Wide Racing Fuels "Top Lube" at 12%-16% (depending on the engine size). It has served me very well with virtually no wear on the engines and super clean. (65% Nitro).

That company is no longer in business, and I wonder if anyone has experience with VP Fuels "Upper Lube" and if I could mix in the same ratios with the same results?

I would probably default to Klotz if I can't find any solid information on the VP.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Ran a special blend kart oil from VP for years until I ran out, switched to Morgan and am happy so far. It's less viscous than the VP so I had to lean the mixture down slightly.

I run 8% Morgan / 4% Blendzall castor and 60% nitro for all my heat racing stuff.

That's interesting. I've always been so amendment about making sure I got the "blue carting oil" when ordering from them. Makes sense though, a few years back I got a bottle and it was a dark purple, so I called and asked if they sent the wrong stuff. The guy was quick to say they accidentally put too much dye in and assured me it was the right oil. Fuel looked like grape juice for a few seasons but ran just fine. :D

Brian

Glenn,

Last I checked, John Otto sells the oil he uses in his Technology fuels. It's good stuff. Don't really know what's in it, and he's pretty tight lipped about it. It feels different on you hands, but it works well.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Judging by the posts, Morgan oil is a good quality lubricant, correct? I used to use Cool Power for flying but I heard the all synthetic blend can wear out a good motor quickly. Do I need to add some castor oil if I decide to try Cool Power for boats? I do not race and I run mostly 25%. Cool Power is the only fuel my LHS carries

Thanks, k

I ran the Top Lube full synthetic in my .12 and .20 boats and it seemed great . I added 2% Castor for my .40 mono with Nova .46 wrap around.

I guess that's an advantage of the Klotz Super Techniplate - it contains 20% Castor. So for example, if mixing at 20% oil content, that blend would contain 4% Castor which seems about right. (assuming I did the math right).

I think even a small amount of Castor is really good to have.

Great comments - thank you

Glenn

Hi all:
Thanks for so much wisdom made available to those of us who read these comments !!

I have a question:
Can I buy a ready-made fuel (Merlin, Klotz, etc.), the commercial type, and add a certain percentage of oil?
Better castor oil or some synthetic oil?

Judging by the posts, Morgan oil is a good quality lubricant, correct? I used to use Cool Power for flying but I heard the all synthetic blend can wear out a good motor quickly. Do I need to add some castor oil if I decide to try Cool Power for boats? I do not race and I run mostly 25%. Cool Power is the only fuel my LHS carries

Thanks, k

I think their Omega line would be good, 17% oil with a synth/castor blend: Morgan Fuel

Ran a special blend kart oil from VP for years until I ran out, switched to Morgan and am happy so far. It's less viscous than the VP so I had to lean the mixture down slightly.

I run 8% Morgan / 4% Blendzall castor and 60% nitro for all my heat racing stuff.

Hi Terry- do you have contact info for Morgan, please?...thx.

I have used the coolpower /Morgon oils for years very good quality..the colours are red low viscosity,blue standard viscosity and purple multi viscosity...
Use a 15%S - 3% C Benol mix 60% nitro.

Morgan will actually sell to individuals now? Used to they wouldn't give you the time of day, unless you had a "brick and mortar hobby shop". I tried about 10 years ago, and it wasn't a successful conversation.

Latest posts

Back