Odonnell #9 & #89 Plug Test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I went back to the lake to do a detailed test of the Odonnell Plugs. Most all Normally run MC9`s for High Nitro (cold plug). After Zooming around the lake for a few tanks & got to a fast Rich needle. I came in & took the McCoy 9 out & installed the Odonnell #9. Back on the water to test for speed & back again to compare. Each time I changed props 6.2 6.5 6.7 6.9 60% Nitro on 80/20 oil I went back to the Mccoy 1st then back to the Odonnell #9 & #89 Final Twin test on Roadrunner Twin with RS91`s fully modified, Andy Brown 1667 6.9 props. Also tested a Seaducer 47 Nitro Mono Modified RS101 with X470 7.5 T.E. same test each time I changed props examined the plug condition & changed the Brand. Neither of these test was a little buzzzzz around the pond. Both were with MAX Effort props & Short pipes for High prop speed & High Engine Load. 6 gallons blew thru today testing...... I was trying to find the limits of the OD #9 & #89..... From what I can see..... we will all be running Odonnell #9 or #89`s very very soon...... EXCELLENT PRODUCT! Looks like the #9 & #89`s have dried up @ Tower??? If you SERIOUS about Performance with Max Effort Props & Pipes This is the Glow plug you have been looking for...... If you can find the odonnell #9`s @ LHS you Better SNAP Them Up!!!! #89 are hard to find at most LHS.....
well to bad your now figuring that out man because odonnel isnt dried up at tower they discontinued them and i bought them out but yea 89 and a 99 odo non turbo is a sick plug and its beefier than a mc plug so they can take abuse hope you bought some stock from those guys

Lance, they are not discontinued. Tower is just not going to be a distributor for them anymore. The only ODonnell item they will be selling soon will be the fuel. I got this info today from a customer support Technician at Tower.

Tim
Hmm I wasn't far off, I should listen in more at the not so local lhs!!! They have valid info!!!

If Towe doesn't carry them anymore (the OD9 and 89) where can we purchase them? Thanks!

yeah we can do that Joe that would not be a problem.. call me ok 931-216-1830

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony,

Phil's Hobby had everything in stock last time I checked.

If they don't have them they will be getting more in.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

for the best performance i have seen on my Twin rigger was came back flawless with no issues

OD 89

OD 99

OD9's

MC9

cant beat them

Latest posts

Back