Odonnell #9 & #89 Plug Test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

Today I went back to the lake to do a detailed test of the Odonnell Plugs. Most all Normally run MC9`s for High Nitro (cold plug). After Zooming around the lake for a few tanks & got to a fast Rich needle. I came in & took the McCoy 9 out & installed the Odonnell #9. Back on the water to test for speed & back again to compare. Each time I changed props 6.2 6.5 6.7 6.9 60% Nitro on 80/20 oil I went back to the Mccoy 1st then back to the Odonnell #9 & #89 Final Twin test on Roadrunner Twin with RS91`s fully modified, Andy Brown 1667 6.9 props. Also tested a Seaducer 47 Nitro Mono Modified RS101 with X470 7.5 T.E. same test each time I changed props examined the plug condition & changed the Brand. Neither of these test was a little buzzzzz around the pond. Both were with MAX Effort props & Short pipes for High prop speed & High Engine Load. 6 gallons blew thru today testing...... I was trying to find the limits of the OD #9 & #89..... From what I can see..... we will all be running Odonnell #9 or #89`s very very soon...... EXCELLENT PRODUCT! If you SERIOUS about Performance with Max Effort Props & Pipes This is the Glow plug you have been looking for...... If you can find the odonnell #9`s @ LHS you Better SNAP Them Up!!!! #89 are hard to find at most LHS.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Also tested a Seaducer 47 Nitro Mono Modified RS101 with X470 7.5 T.E.

Joe is that a converted Gad boat? I always thought that would be a good combo...

joe, i've been running the OD-9's for 2 years now in my .21's on 65/18 wildcat promix. without a doubt the most durable plug i have ever used. i told you at the fall nats to try them, glad you made the change B) .

Also tested a Seaducer 47 Nitro Mono Modified RS101 with X470 7.5 T.E.

Joe is that a converted Gad boat? I always thought that would be a good combo...
Yes it is a 47 Seaducer Gas Hull, I ask Seaducer to build it with 44 Stringers & installed 44 Hardware....

Joe

It's about time you caught on.

No doubt that the ODonnell 9's, 88's & 89's are the best on the market.

Buck

Joe

It's about time you caught on.

No doubt that the ODonnell 9's, 88's & 89's are the best on the market.

Buck
BUCKSHOT I have Ran & Raced them. But I wanted to do a comparision test on the same day with the same conditions with the same load. AS you know the RS101 with the Big Cup props will Test Any Plug..... the #89 are hard to obtain here, other than the few Tower sold .....

Today I went back to the lake to do a detailed test of the Odonnell Plugs. Most all Normally run MC9`s for High Nitro (cold plug). After Zooming around the lake for a few tanks & got to a fast Rich needle. I came in & took the McCoy 9 out & installed the Odonnell #9. Back on the water to test for speed & back again to compare. Each time I changed props 6.2 6.5 6.7 6.9 60% Nitro on 80/20 oil I went back to the Mccoy 1st then back to the Odonnell #9 & #89 Final Twin test on Roadrunner Twin with RS91`s fully modified, Andy Brown 1667 6.9 props. Also tested a Seaducer 47 Nitro Mono Modified RS101 with X470 7.5 T.E. same test each time I changed props examined the plug condition & changed the Brand. Neither of these test was a little buzzzzz around the pond. Both were with MAX Effort props & Short pipes for High prop speed & High Engine Load. 6 gallons blew thru today testing...... I was trying to find the limits of the OD #9 & #89..... From what I can see..... we will all be running Odonnell #9 or #89`s very very soon...... EXCELLENT PRODUCT! Looks like the #9 & #89`s have dried up @ Tower??? If you SERIOUS about Performance with Max Effort Props & Pipes This is the Glow plug you have been looking for...... If you can find the odonnell #9`s @ LHS you Better SNAP Them Up!!!! #89 are hard to find at most LHS.....
well to bad your now figuring that out man because odonnel isnt dried up at tower they discontinued them and i bought them out but yea 89 and a 99 odo non turbo is a sick plug and its beefier than a mc plug so they can take abuse hope you bought some stock from those guys

:huh: :blink: really discontinued for OD#88 and OD#89 at Towerhobbies another it still live OD#99 ;) I didnt buy OD9 as same as sport "blue' because I had bad experince before happen problem. I am very lucky that bought big bulk OD#89 and OD#99 Great Price!! B)

:huh: :blink: really discontinued for OD#88 and OD#89 at Towerhobbies another it still live OD#99 ;) I didnt buy OD9 as same as sport "blue' because I had bad experince before happen problem. I am very lucky that bought big bulk OD#89 and OD#99 Great Price!! B)
I'm going to get some to. I got three of them for 7.00.

OD 9 & the Sport Blue plug is NOT the Same plug..... they are intended for 2 diff uses & they have different wires in the socket......

Joe,

Take notes of your fuel usage as well. We found quite a large differance between the plugs you are testing.

Grim

Brain,

To the best of my knowledge the Blue plug has the some hole dia and wire as the OD-9 but lacks the wafer seal in under the seal washer. (the blue uses aluminum and the OD-9 brass)

The OD-9 is a real gem! My favorite for sure.

Grim

been running #99's in my on-road .21 engines... love those plugs. McCoy who?

Brain,

To the best of my knowledge the Blue plug has the some hole dia and wire as the OD-9 but lacks the wafer seal in under the seal washer. (the blue uses aluminum and the OD-9 brass)

The OD-9 is a real gem! My favorite for sure.

Grim
Both use the same seal.

Jack...what is the difference in the Blue Sport plug and #9?

I wish the places around here that are advertised as O'donnell dealers would actually order O'donnell stuff. Save me on shipping costs. :angry:

Latest posts

Back