O/T - Boyd Coddington dead at age 63

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill.. Who said he wasent?
If it were not for Chip.........

Grim
One of the all time builders, Boyd was a visionary. Foose is the modern day cowboy, with all the bells and whistles and new age tools, But Boyd came from the Old Skool, now he can be in the Big Shop with Ed Roth and Tony Nancy. I had the opportunity to do some work with customizers in the late '80's, namely George Barris from Barris Customs, and am still amazed at that cat's designs, much like Roth, and now Foose and Jimmy Shine carry bright the torch. RIP........

Burnouts in Heaven Tonight........

RP

Sad news for sure. Every year he had rides to show off here in town at the NSRA Street Rod Nat's North. My son and I watched his shows a lot.

Chip Foose used to work for Boyd until they had a falling out.

"Hot Dogs By Floyd" will never be the same again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike I always liked Chip's designs better plus at least on TV he seemed like a much morelikeable person but that could just be editing. I have never met either one but loved to watch both of their shows. With Boyd's passing it leaves Chip as the undisputed best customizer of automobiles.

Grim

Don't for get about radrides from Troy here in IL. I think hes in Kankakee or some were in that area.

one bad azz custome car builder.

Mike I always liked Chip's designs better plus at least on TV he seemed like a much morelikeable person but that could just be editing. I have never met either one but loved to watch both of their shows. With Boyd's passing it leaves Chip as the undisputed best customizer of automobiles.

Grim
Boyd was a nice guy, in his iconic Hawaiian shirts. I bought a set of custom wheels from him @ the Oakland Roadster Show many years ago. He handled the transaction personally and was real nice to deal with. I think the TV show was edited and over emphasized his temper. I saw many of his creations in person and they were works of perfection, very innovative.

That being said however, many if not most of Boyd's cars were penned by Chip Foose. I've had the pleasure of talking with him and seeing his cars/designs in person. TV and magazines do not do them justice, there is something to admire from every angle. In my opinion, his creativity mixed with classic styling makes his designs the best bar none!

My two cents! :D

Latest posts

Back