NovaRossi is back?!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a little more to it.

Would imagine there's a lot more to it.
'Lucrative' would be the operative, especially considering the post Covid world.
The world is about to change drastically from a global economic perspective.
The US dollar as the standard is about to go away.
Hold on tight!

Granted we know very little but if I had to wager on it, it's gonna be car engines first and maybe only that. I hope we see marine stuff but the car market is HUGE compared to us and they're in it to make maximum $$$. The only reason Picco had marine stuff was Sr.'s love of boats. Once he passed that was it for the boats.

That’s why we need to support crazy Al Hobbs. He is a boat man who loves our hobby. Keep it in the family and keep it local, we have to be thankful that we have someone in our hobby that knows motor design, engineering, and manufacturing. It’s a rarity for this kind of person, because 95% of us could never pull it off.

So Al, we might have to have our government grant your man in uk asylum in the USA so we can Keep your progress going.

Thanks for doing all you can AL.

Jim

Most of us love our CMB engine’s, but man oh man if something happens to those guys we will all be making a choice between FE or Gas powers boats

C-M-B. Far more robust, IMO.
I use CMBS too Tim.....great engines, but wouldnt it be more fun to have say up to a half dozen manufacturers in the game instead of having nothing but "Spec Classes"? As was said, if we lose CMB, Nitro is done!
I will strongly 2nd what James Schmidt said about Al Hobbs........THANK YOU AL FOR WHAT YOU DO AND TRY TO DO! IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BY THIS NITRO BOATER!

Granted we know very little but if I had to wager on it, it's gonna be car engines first and maybe only that. I hope we see marine stuff but the car market is HUGE compared to us and they're in it to make maximum $$$. The only reason Picco had marine stuff was Sr.'s love of boats. Once he passed that was it for the boats.

Exactly. It took Itani in Japan to resurrect the Picco HP45.
Wonder how much that cost him.

I use CMBS too Tim.....great engines, but wouldnt it be more fun to have say up to a half dozen manufacturers in the game instead of having nothing but "Spec Classes"? As was said, if we lose CMB, Nitro is done!
I will strongly 2nd what James Schmidt said about Al Hobbs........THANK YOU AL FOR WHAT YOU DO AND TRY TO DO! IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BY THIS NITRO BOATER!

I don't disagree...but, the 'half dozen' and reality are light years apart.
I hope the latest round of NR rumors are true, too. If anything, perhaps 3 players in the game will keep pricing competitive.
When we got back in the game we opted for NR...decent engines, but not as robust as CMB's, especially after modding. Then again, at least there were options.

Im old enough to remember:
K&B
OPS
O.S. Max
Super Tiger
Rossi
Nova Rossi
Mac
CMB
Taipan
Picco...........and at any given time any of these engines could be made to be competitive, some would just break sooner than others, sadly those days are long gone.......we just have to make do with the little bit we have left i suppose.

Im old enough to remember:
K&B
OPS
O.S. Max
Super Tiger
Rossi
Nova Rossi
Mac
CMB
Taipan
Picco...........and at any given time any of these engines could be made to be competitive, some would just break sooner than others, sadly those days are long gone.......we just have to make do with the little bit we have left i suppose.
"To the future and beyond " 😁

A large reseller (no name shall be named.. A little birdy told me) that there plan is to do away and end Nitro motors and in the coming next few years end all sales and support for anything Nitro.

Grim

Thats a very strong statement. At our local off road track, the nitro buggy and Truggy classes easily outnumber the electric classes. I dont think the car guys would be very happy to hear that........at our local flying field, electrics out number gas and nitro by a pretty strong margin, but at the same time we got the okay to set up a circle for control line aircraft, both nitro and electric and CL has a lot of folks coming back to the hobby that got them started into this venue. You cant stop change i guess, and im glad that im on the other side of life that i'll be long gone before everything i enjoy as a hobby ceases to exist. Its all about the money i suppose......seems like it always comes down to the almighty dollar. Im just glad that i came up in this era to at least get this far..........i was a 60s kid and im **** glad i was.

You know, all this talk of the demise of our hobby serves to cause no end of anxiety for many and the rabbit trails it leads all down do nothing good for anyones well being or future outlook. I myself have pondered the length of the future for our hobby and it’s a dark place. A friend reminded me of something we chatted about a while back and where we pondered this same question and we collectively decided that we would look forward and ride this scooter for as long as we’re able or it exists. So and for all of those folks who continue to look forward and invest your positive energies into our beloved hobby, well done and good on you, punch it Chewy and watch out for that dead boat exiting turn 2!

Greg

Back