Novarossi DD owners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hace been using Plastic Gauge for the last 45 years on my engines including car engines that I have built for my
grandson and have had no propblems. I have had a set of calipers that Iused and found out the were off .005
and it cost me several pistons until I figured out the propblem.
Walt Barney

A word of caution. If the angle on the squish is different than the piston, be very careful with the plastigauge because it’s hard to make sure it’s right up against the cylinder wall where the piston and head meet. In these situations I use my dial indicator to zero out the head against the piston outside the liner.

I wet the plastigauge with a little spit ( it is always convenient ) to hold it in place and place one piece of it from edge to edge on top of the piston.

A word of caution. If the angle on the squish is different than the piston, be very careful with the plastigauge because it’s hard to make sure it’s right up against the cylinder wall where the piston and head meet. In these situations I use my dial indicator to zero out the head against the piston outside the liner.
They are the same angle on the .21 DD.

the early dd motors had a different angle on the head than the piston had. the head was less angle,which forced the fuel to the outside instead of toward the plug.after we corrected this,and brought the volume back down,and put the right pipe on ,it made a totally different motor out of it

the early dd motors had a different angle on the head than the piston had. the head was less angle,which forced the fuel to the outside instead of toward the plug.after we corrected this,and brought the volume back down,and put the right pipe on ,it made a totally different motor out of it
Steve who???

Back