Novarossi Auction out of business ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidkrienke

I heard on a video that novarossi has sold there equipment at auction and is no longer going to make motors ? It was a oct 21 video on glow plugs. . Can anyone confirm this ?

Last edited:
All sorts of rumors out there, nothing official from NR Italy to us, NR USA, but it’s not hard to see the writing on the wall unfortunately. Hopefully someone will pickup the marine line soon and start cranking out products.

I have a fair amount of parts in stock, but once it’s gone, who knows.

All sorts of rumors out there, nothing official from NR Italy to us, NR USA, but it’s not hard to see the writing on the wall unfortunately. Hopefully someone will pickup the marine line soon and start cranking out products.

I have a fair amount of parts in stock, but once it’s gone, who knows.
Well I am hoping for the best. They make great products .It will be a sad day if they decide to throw in the towel. My first novarossi lt12 is in this jae12 rigger I just bought and I am sure I will be trying more of their engines in time. Thanks for the reply .

Last edited:
I wonder how much it would take to purchase that company?
It is/was an amazing place!!! By FAR the nicest production facility I have ever seen! Mr Rossi loved showing me some of the bigger CNC machines and telling me all about where they came from and how long he had to wait fir them etc. He was really proud of the one that cuts the ports in the sleeves! It was very impressive to watch!

I’m sure there were many, many millions of dollars just in machinery there.

Chris, why don’t y’all buy it and I’ll come help work there!

GQ

Glen if i could find backers to do it i would be all over it. I am guessing it is multiples of millons in machines. not including parts and tooling.. the transportation cost to get it here would be enormous.

it's just a shame. nitro engine mfg's are going away. if CMB has issues the boating world is in trouble.. hopefully whomever bought the machines is in the hobby business.

Fortunately CMB has no problems, the engines are magnificent, its 27 and 28,5 are a bomb....
I say this not because I'm Italian, but because I've been using their engines for 40 years and I'm very happy with them.
He has an experience made on the race field in which he still participates and produces only marine engines.

Attachments

• 27evo2.jpg
    27evo2.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 28,5EVO.jpg
    28,5EVO.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 23
Love the cmb line I just wish they would throw some outboards into the group. I know I would buy them in a heartbeat!! Do you speak Italian, maybe call and see if they are interested???
Michael
hello ... I went to your factory last month to pick up two new engines.
I asked if he was going to proceed with a production of an outboard motor, even just the engine to be placed for example on the foot TFL or OS.
His answer was that the demand for engines is low to be able to set up the machines for mass production.
Maybe if you write in many, seeing arrive at his factory so many requests, could think about it.

Guys, they have been gone for more than a year, there are few individuals that have access to the facility that have been selling off old stock and equipment for which I have been offered most of it. I was sent the machine list that went to auction over a year ago and it's now all gone.

It's too late to revive Novarossi.

If you want some of the moulds for cases, etc I can put you in touch with the right people but, if you want spare parts I suggest you get them now while you still can.

9773260c-98d0-4277-9f39-888ac4e1c7e1.JPGd9f45b7c-b0ab-48a8-aa67-c74e69ae46c1.JPG

Thanks Ricky, yeah we know it's over for rossi engines. It's really a shame...
What I was discussing with Maurizio was about the CMB engines.i understand the cost for building a line of outboards but what I don't understand is isn't there ways to configure the existing inboard to lowers we already have???
I've read about the car and buggy motors as a cheaper alternative. Maybe some changes to the lower units,header set ups etcetera would work. I know this hobby has some fantastic engine gurus and machinists and I'm hoping something can be done to save the outboards.
Come on guys, hopefully there's a light at the end of this tunnel!!!
Michael

hello ... I went to your factory last month to pick up two new engines.
I asked if he was going to proceed with a production of an outboard motor, even just the engine to be placed for example on the foot TFL or OS.
His answer was that the demand for engines is low to be able to set up the machines for mass production.
Maybe if you write in many, seeing arrive at his factory so many requests, could think about it.
Up until not too long ago CMB did offer a couple 21 o/b powerheads for a number of years. I ran a Geraghty modded CMB21 TT o/b back in the late 90's that was ballistic.

Attachments

• CMB21ob.jpg
    CMB21ob.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 36
I have a RS on the bench that will become my "mod" motor for 2022. Back in the say I sold the Green Head and RS with OB conversion FROM CMB.. they do nice work.

Grim

The RS .21 was a great engine, we still have a few as well as a MAC .21 trove as well.
Unfortunately that deal I believe was blown back in the day when everyone jumped for the Nova conversions instead of the ready to go CMB outboards. Numbers seemed far too low to keep production going.
Best bet for the outboard market now is the remaining Novarossi stock, CMB conversion kits for .45’s and if someone steps up with another engine or a conversion kit for something like a REDS, Picco or O.S. Engine.

Am I following you right brandon? Are you saying CMB has conversion kits available in stock??? I would definitely be interested in a 45 CMB outboard or any others that come up with something. Just don't want to lose them, they have always been my favorite.... I guess my next step will be a gasser, it's still an outboard right.

Michael

Sorry Michael, not CMB directly. Alan Elzer on here sells them! Flips the RS style engines up to fit a KB/ lawless lower end.

Up until not too long ago CMB did offer a couple 21 o/b powerheads for a number of years. I ran a Geraghty modded CMB21 TT o/b back in the late 90's that was ballistic.
hello , I had also asked about this engine that produced to resume production , but unfortunately it was only for foot outboard K & B.

For those who may not already know, I have recently been named as the IMPBA Outboard Director. I have been running outboards since 1978 and have seen a lot of changes both good and bad with outboards. With only two nitro outboards still available to purchase complete at this time (the O/S 3.5 and the K&B 1") now more than ever nitro outboard enthusiast need to pull together to ensure that our nitro O/B classes do not slip completely off the page. There is a conversion kit available for right hand rotation power heads and talk of others on the way.

I had rather not try to discuss our outboard issues on this or any social media platforms as I have yet to see this provide positive results. I don't profess to have all the solutions but rather I am just stating that I will be available to you and will do what is best for all of us as a group when and if needed. If you have any suggestions that will help sustain or promote any outboard classes (not just Nitro) please send it to [email protected].

Thanks,
-Carl Van Houten
[email protected]

Guys I have cmb 21 rs parts, cranks in & outb, bearings, flywheels, buttons, lots of shims. No cases nor p/s.

Latest posts

Back