Novarossi 67 TOBE DD Prototype

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the pipe being water cooled is there a need for a muffler? I would imagine that the water cooling on the pipe would muffle a little bit.

SayMikey The header is water cooled!! I'm also curious why there's two pressure fittings coming off the pipe?

Ken,

The header and the pipe both are water cooled. Great for limitd air flow installs such as mono and scale.

With the pipe being water cooled is there a need for a muffler? I would imagine that the water cooling on the pipe would muffle a little bit.
I was thinking the same thing.
The standard pipe basically had a water cooling jacket installed around It to create the water cooled pipe. Water does not enter the chamber of the pipe so there is no water to muffle the sound. This is definitely an area where experimenting can be done to not only muffle sound but to add water for additional back pressure to help the engine get "on the pipe" when using shorter than normal pipe lengths such as SAWS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this has already been asked and answered, apologies if that's the case. To achieve break in, does it take as much time and fuel as the 21dd?
Greg,

Every situation will be a little different, but proper break-in will take anywhere from 1/2- 1 1/2 gals of fuel depending on the engine size and break-in method being used.

Ok racers, ran the new Nova Rossi 67 yesterday. Other than having a few problems with the boat itself the motor ran as expected. Great motor right out of the box. Was running a stock H 32 and it was running out of prop. Ran almost a gallon of fuel thru it and the motor got better every run. Set the standard head at 0.012" deck, one of the standard pipes other that the water cool version set at 10" length. Did not think that I needed the water cool version on a hydro. I did change the barrel in the carb to a barn door type made out of PEEK. But that is the way I like for my carbs to be.

To run this motor. Open box set deck clearance to about 0.012". Bolt in boat. Fuel and run the boat. Its that simple and that good out of the box.

One other note. For those of you out on the west coast that are still running K 67's in your scale. This motor bolts right in and throttle hooks up with no problem. That is what I had in my hydro.

This motor is ready to go into production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Mark. This is awesome news. I agree with you, the water cooled pipe and header will be better for monos and scales. We could not of done it without your help on the numbers. Which head button did you end up running? The narrow deep bowl or the wide shallow bowl version? This shows us all the abilities of Novarossi. Who else could go from zero to production quality the first run? Thanks again for taking the time out to give us all some feedback this morning. Keep us updated with your progress. Wow

Wow Mark that's awsome as I expected it would run great out of the box, now I just need those measurements from you on the crank ID and the sleeve OD, so I'll know if I can upgrade my .61.

Thank you to everyone that has had a hand in getting this into production. I know I started pushing on them three years ago after I started running the speed .61. Ron I can't wait for you to get the first batch so I can buy one or two.

Thank you again to everyone.

Dale

Thanks Dale. It will not be long now. We should have feedback soon from Jerry Crowther (mono) and Mike Schindler and Joey Caines (scale) to see how their protos run as well.

Thank you Ron do you happen to know about when you would receive the first batch and if you will be offering them at a discounted price like you did with the .91

Ran the new Nova Rossi 67 again today and it has stepped up big time. I told my good friend this evening that we all thought it is faster that his 67 boat, since he was not there today. And anyone that has seen Doc's 67 run knows that it is bad fast.

Did you make head clearance changes to have big step up? Or is it breaking in more?

Ran the new Nova Rossi 67 again today and it has stepped up big time. I told my good friend this evening that we all thought it is faster that his 67 boat, since he was not there today. And anyone that has seen Doc's 67 run knows that it is bad fast.
Mark,

Thats more great news. Doc is not going to be happy LOL. Glad to hear it keeps getting faster as it continues to break-in. Great job.

Jim,

If testing feedback continues to be positive, initial rollout could be before the end of the month. Novarossi is already working on final cost and a complete parts listing with pricing as well. The initial order lot will be priced around $460. Final pricing will be around $510, for a "break-in and win" engine. No slugging, grinding, or porting necessary. Get the head clearance set for the nitro content you are running, and spend time on the pipe length, prop, and setup. The initial order will be for 20 engines. Stay tuned.....

Jim,

If testing feedback continues to be positive, initial rollout could be before the end of the month. Novarossi is already working on final cost and a complete parts listing with pricing as well. The initial order lot will be priced around $460. Final pricing will be around $510, for a "break-in and win" engine. No slugging, grinding, or porting necessary. Get the head clearance set for the nitro content you are running, and spend time on the pipe length, prop, and setup. The initial order will be for 20 engines. Stay tuned.....
That's great news Ron, you can put me down for one of the first ones.

Hi Ron Good hear would you put one list batch for me thanks
default_wink.png

Back