Nova Rossi 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzMandella

Are the cases on the Novarossi car engines the same as the marine engines . Looking at them they seem to be the same . Just different heads placed on them .

If you look at the Dimensions for the Mephisto and Mito 9( Car Engines) have the same bore and stroke 15.88/17.6 as the DD , Mito , Bonito and the Keep . The long stroke motors which all 6 of these are (2 car and 4 boat) most likely have a shorter rod than the other 21's as stroke is increased with the crank and rod is shortened to keep deck height proper . Although Pin Height on the piston can be moved up to acheive the same deck height .

Based on part #'s with exception of the DD and Bonito all long stroke including the outboard use the same rod .

I don’t know for sure. On the outside most of them are the same, but on the insides they may differ in the size of crank hole, bearing sizes, intake timing, vertical location of sleeve, etc. I have seen them make a bunch of different changes.

sorry I can’t be more specific. Generally the high end on-road motors are very close to the marine motors.

GQ

Latest posts

Back