Nova 46 OB possible issue...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, if you bought one of the new factory OB's from me lately, it is possible the motor was assembled with screws that are a little to short holding the PTO on. Please check these to make sure they are at least 12 mm long and keep you eye on them to make sure they don't back out during use. The issue has come up on one motor and I don't know if it effects any others. Good news is that Nova is sending a whole new motor to replace the damaged one, and is sending me the correct bolts for all of the others I have sold. Please let me know it you need me to send you a new set of bolts.

Have a great day!

GQ

Glenn,

I would like three sets of screws. You and NR get a big kudos for taking care of our buddy Rick G and the rest of us. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, thanks for the kind words! The only reason I do this is to help!!! This stuff just cost too much money and I can't stand to see something break when it shouldn't!

It will be a little while before I get the screws in my next order, but I will get them sent out ASAP. If you want them sooner, I'm sure you can find some at your local bolt supply to hold you over until I can get them.

GQ

Thanks Glenn. Thanks for great boat racing friends that got me back together Friday as I thought my weekend was over. I love racing 40 boats was really looking forward to it. Then the motor came loose from the pto , tore up my piston , and put a whole in my case. Friday wasnt sure what to do walked around talked. Found Shane Adderly had a p and s . He said here use it and Bob Kensal put it back together for me repaired the hole in the case. Put it back on the boat and I was back on the way. Had a great windy weekend. The highlight was watching my grandson race his Nova 46 on his Leecraft. He had a couple of good heats but DNFs

Thanks Glenn. Thanks for great boat racing friends that got me back together Friday as I thought my weekend was over. I love racing 40 boats was really looking forward to it. Then the motor came loose from the pto , tore up my piston , and put a whole in my case. Friday wasnt sure what to do walked around talked. Found Shane Adderly had a p and s . He said here use it and Bob Kensal put it back together for me repaired the hole in the case. Put it back on the boat and I was back on the way. Had a great windy weekend. The highlight was watching my grandson race his Nova 46 on his Leecraft. He had a couple of good heats but DNFs
Rick,

You weren't the only one that enjoyed watching Gage drive that 460 LeeCraft!!!... :) He had that boat aired out the entire heat. I'm not sure whose smile was the biggest, his or yours.....LOL. When he walked off of the drivers stand and gave you a "high five", you would have thought he won the heat....... :) I would like to give him another boat to race with your permission. He and Jay's son hung out some over the weekend with me in my tent helping me work on boats and tape down radio box lids. Gage mentioned that LeeCraft XTR120 I let him race last year several times. I would like to give it to him RTR, just like it was when he raced it last year, so he will have a second tunnel boat to race. All you will need is a receiver and radio. Just let me know if that will be ok and if so, get me your address and I will send him the boat. Its great seeing these kids take an interest in our hobby. Thanks.

thanks Ron, That boy is something special! He can drive too. That would be great hope to go to the Grand prix at the end of the month. Does that include lifetime service on that KB for life? Gage says his mechanic is not that good. Its good Bob Kensal is our friend.

thanks Ron, That boy is something special! He can drive too. That would be great hope to go to the Grand prix at the end of the month. Does that include lifetime service on that KB for life? Gage says his mechanic is not that good. Its good Bob Kensal is our friend.
Rick,

Yes, that boy can drive for sure. I will get it out later this week, so he can practice and enter your district race. It also comes with plenty of K&B service and parts, and I am sure Bob Kinsel will help as well. I know he will enjoy the boat. If you keep it just like it is, it should be a competitive boat for him to run for a long time. Once a good needle for the event is found, 1/4 turn out in the am when the air density is up, and a 1/4 back in as the air density drops, and it will run every heat. The rest is up to him.... ;) Once you get it, if you have any questions please let me know.

Rick,

You weren't the only one that enjoyed watching Gage drive that 460 LeeCraft!!!... :) He had that boat aired out the entire heat. I'm not sure whose smile was the biggest, his or yours.....LOL. When he walked off of the drivers stand and gave you a "high five", you would have thought he won the heat....... :) I would like to give him another boat to race with your permission. He and Jay's son hung out some over the weekend with me in my tent helping me work on boats and tape down radio box lids. Gage mentioned that LeeCraft XTR120 I let him race last year several times. I would like to give it to him RTR, just like it was when he raced it last year, so he will have a second tunnel boat to race. All you will need is a receiver and radio. Just let me know if that will be ok and if so, get me your address and I will send him the boat. Its great seeing these kids take an interest in our hobby. Thanks.
Gee Ron you are some kinda guy thats unbelievableWhen I come over there im going to buy you a beer or 10
Thanks Greg. We have to keep the younger generation going as well. We would love to have our Aussie friends over sometime to race, and for a bunch of us to make the trip there sometime to race as well. It would be awesome to meet you guys for sure and share a couple of brews.... ;)

Hey Glenn, is the factory considering replacing the starter cones for those of us that lost them? Shaw, me and one other I know of. They should not come off like that. thanks, Beasley

Rick,

Rick,

Ron that is a total awesome thing to do that is why I love this hobby

Thank you Pete. I let Gage drive it last year at the WTC and after watching him again this year run his 460, I wanted him to have two boats to race so he can have even more fun...... :D

Back