Nova .28

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ashcroft

I measured my Mod Nova 28 on the metric engine programme ,and got 185exh
Rotor opens 219 ATDC and Rotor closes at 65 with a totel open duration of 206.
The blowdown is 31.7 as expected because this engine was modded to rev.

What surprised me though was the button CC volume of 0.37cc !! with the plug in,,which will end up with a trapped CR of 7.6 that's without a any shims and .0.16" clearance ,I not sure why the button was enlarged so much,,although this is a converted car engine to run low 25% nitro.

New button in the making..

Last edited:
Engine now ready,new mod button ,9mm carby,,os needle ..

Attachments

• 20200228_210635.jpg
    20200228_210635.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
I measured my Mod Nova 28 on the metric engine programme ,and got 185exh
Rotor opens 219 ATDC and Rotor closes at 65 with a totel open duration of 206.
The blowdown is 31.7 as expected because this engine was modded to rev.

What surprised me though was the button CC volume of 0.37cc !! with the plug in,,which will end up with a trapped CR of 7.6 that's without a any shims and .0.16" clearance ,I not sure why the button was enlarged so much,,although this is a converted car engine to run low 25% nitro.

New button in the making..

David,
The larger bowl is for the lower nitro. Higher nitro requires less bowl volume/more compression. .22-.24 better for high nitro in your .28. What volume did you settle on for your new button? Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

David,
The larger bowl is for the lower nitro. Higher nitro requires less bowl volume/more compression. .22-.24 better for high nitro in your .28. What volume did you settle on for your new button? Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Button now .23cc

Back