not a happy lipo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good info Mike for all of us. I would however like to know what caused the pack to puff that bad during storage? Was it due to storage voltage too low? Under 3.5V on one cell? When these things happen we all can learn something.

Mic

Chili, I found it to much less work and more exciting to just pitch a damaged LiPo in the Turkey Smoker at full roar!! It was retired from Smoker Duty long before and serves now as my camp fire pit, weiner and marsh mellow roaster, and butt warmer. James

Chili, I found it to much less work and more exciting to just pitch a damaged LiPo in the Turkey Smoker at full roar!! It was retired from Smoker Duty long before and serves now as my camp fire pit, weiner and marsh mellow roaster, and butt warmer. James
Mmmmmmmmmm..... Lipo flavored weiners and marsh mellows :lol:

You Army guys just gotta blow everything up. LOL :)

The cell likey just shorted. I bet it shows no voltage.

Like all batterys of its kind this can happen.

Grim

I've tried a few times myself. After pulling the pack apart I decided it's just not worth getting hurt over.

so what you're saying chilli, is to brine the lipo before james cooks it? any flavoring other than salt?

I add a little of my secret LIpo Rub and being from the Old Dominion you know we have to throw a little apple wood on the fire. :lol:

I think he meant the puffed cell proably shows no voltage. If the resting voltage for the non-puffed cell is only 3.4 volts, the cause of the puff could have been over-discharge prior to storing. A 3.4 volt cell is dead for all practical purposes.

Just take it outside and Drive A Nail Through It , just don't wimp out, hit it quite hard.

then just sit back and enjoy the show. (lots of toxic smoke and flames too )

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back