Nitro fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, theoretically a cold fuel would be more dense, and would pack more molecules in the same given space. But as a blend of nitro, oil and meth, the amounts may not stay stable or consistent. And that could cause the needle settings to become erratic as the fuel expands into a vapor or spray. It could also cause the oil percentage to drop out of suspension..
How much of a temp drop to make a difference would take some testing. Plus you would need to keep the fuel cool in the tank for the full run.

Same principle on turbocharging,, It packs more air into the engine at a higher density...but at a cost..heat. That's why they run intercoolers on turbo cars, they are trying to cool off that pressurized air to make it as dense as they can and pack it into the engine.

In the refrigeration biz, we subcool liquid refrigerant to make it more dense and get more BTU's ( work ) out of the liquid as it passes thru the TXV. Allows more work to be done at the EVAP coil with less compressor HP.
But again, there is a trade-off...you need to have another system to run the plate heat exchanger of the subcooler, and that takes HP to run that system... so, there is no free lunch !!

Interesting thought wasted wages. I believe I have found a way to do what we are talking about. It depends on where & if I can purchase my product to get this to work & then test test test. Any gain in horsepower would be great .

One of the issues with getting the fuel cool is the lube package, congealing and separating.
My 3 yr. old fuel runs as good as my fresh stuff- I just add a few drops of original ArmorAll
and a couple of ounces of acetone.

Is (nitro) fuel automatically bad, or deteriorated, after having been stored inside (hot) garage for years?

I have a case of 50%, originally stored in 4 plastic gallon containers, later transferred to 4 metal gallon containers. After, maybe, a year of storage I noticed fuel had seeped out of the plastic containers, creating a mess inside of my metal storage cabinet. I believe this "seepage" occured during hot temperatures, creating pressure within the plastic containers, literally forcing fuel out through the cap. So I transferred into metal containers. It's been probably 5 or 6 years now, not sure whether to just dispose of fuel at this point? Or would it still possibly be good?

Well I posted this question. Some time ago about running the fuel threw the cooling section of the FRS style headers and super heating it?

Is (nitro) fuel automatically bad, or deteriorated, after having been stored inside (hot) garage for years?

I have a case of 50%, originally stored in 4 plastic gallon containers, later transferred to 4 metal gallon containers. After, maybe, a year of storage I noticed fuel had seeped out of the plastic containers, creating a mess inside of my metal storage cabinet. I believe this "seepage" occured during hot temperatures, creating pressure within the plastic containers, literally forcing fuel out through the cap. So I transferred into metal containers. It's been probably 5 or 6 years now, not sure whether to just dispose of fuel at this point? Or would it still possibly be good?
Hi David, first... Happy Birthday! 2nd, the fuel should be good. I have a number of gallons in the original bottles with double caps that are still usable and not leaking. Stored upright and in a box. Of course if left in very warm conditions, expansion will cause a bit of pressure and a small amount could escape.
It should be ok. I was thinking though...if it is Revenge fuel, it must be about 28 years old as that's when I stopped making it! Time flew...

Hi David, first... Happy Birthday! 2nd, the fuel should be good. I have a number of gallons in the original bottles with double caps that are still usable and not leaking. Stored upright and in a box. Of course if left in very warm conditions, expansion will cause a bit of pressure and a small amount could escape.
It should be ok. I was thinking though...if it is Revenge fuel, it must be about 28 years old as that's when I stopped making it! Time flew...
thanks Don!

Yeah, I had dumped the (28 year-old) case of Revenge fuel back around 2011 (when I moved). I wish I held onto it, because the containers still looked good, they were still perfectly full (and packaged in the original carton). I loved that Revenge fuel.

However, the fuel I referenced above is a 4-gallon case of 50% O'Donnell "Punch". I transferred all 4 plastic containers into 4 brand-new metal containers ($70.00), hoping to save it. I was thinking of test-starting one engine using it?

thanks Don!

Yeah, I had dumped the (28 year-old) case of Revenge fuel back around 2011 (when I moved). I wish I held onto it, because the containers still looked good, they were still perfectly full (and packaged in the original carton). I loved that Revenge fuel.

However, the fuel I referenced above is a 4-gallon case of 50% O'Donnell "Punch". I transferred all 4 plastic containers into 4 brand-new metal containers ($70.00), hoping to save it. I was thinking of test-starting one engine using it?
Steve O'Donnell's fuel was very good too. If you can, try it . I suspect it's still good unless exposed to air.

Back