nitro engine tachometer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also used the Eagle Tree data and live telemetry on all my nitro
Twins EGT,motor temperature, and two engine RPM hall magnets. Expensive but gives
tons of data. Three is a learning curve. They also have support. I give it five stars. (ô¿ô)

FYI guys I’m sure you all know this but thought I’d mention it anyway. Make sure your magnet is oriented correctly. The Hall Sensors are pole sensitive thus don’t work well if the magnet is up side down.
Thanks John
Yes you need to look for the red painted on one side.
Hard to use the old one over when it falls out if you find it. The paint will not be there most of the time.........LOL
Buy them by bulk till you get it figured out.

Lucky for me I still have my eagle tree system just have to buy them magnets one day I’ll put it in the twin again

I'd still like to get spot check data for rpm and speed. In previous post I mentioned associating a sound to rpm. ( I know you boaters know what I mean and you're REAL good at it...+/- 1K?, don't fool yourselves). And this skill can only be learned through a real time measurement performing it a many of times. Same with speed...associating motion to speed. I know you boaters are good at this also...+/- 5mph? Again this skill can only be learned through a real time measurement (radar gun) performing it countless times. Data acquisition, invaluable to tuning....but while looking at a GPS, graph and or a dashboard, it is difficult to recall physical performance real time...but the data is interesting. Especially since the data needs to be processed before viewing and analyzing. The ULTIMATE data review would be the acquisition attached to a video of the acquired data! Does this exist?
To improve my spot check skills, I own a high quality radar gun but no remote tachometer.
Where are those phone app Boaters?!

I'd still like to get spot check data for rpm and speed. In previous post I mentioned associating a sound to rpm. ( I know you boaters know what I mean and you're REAL good at it...+/- 1K?, don't fool yourselves). And this skill can only be learned through a real time measurement performing it a many of times. Same with speed...associating motion to speed. I know you boaters are good at this also...+/- 5mph? Again this skill can only be learned through a real time measurement (radar gun) performing it countless times. Data acquisition, invaluable to tuning....but while looking at a GPS, graph and or a dashboard, it is difficult to recall physical performance real time...but the data is interesting. Especially since the data needs to be processed before viewing and analyzing. The ULTIMATE data review would be the acquisition attached to a video of the acquired data! Does this exist?
To improve my spot check skills, I own a high quality radar gun but no remote tachometer.

I've been at this for a little while and can tell you it is very, very hard to tell 1, 2 or even 3K difference in rpm or 5 mph with your senses.

I started using the Eagle Tree with my SAW boat to try and understand the relationship between propeller pitch (&slip), rpm, acceleration and ultimate speed. I keep careful notes when I run so I can relate log data to setups.

For heat racing rpm doesn't really matter, lap times do. Since I can't drive absolutely consistent laps, peak speed is a good indicator of performance as long as the boat doesn't fall off the pipe in a tight corner and accelerates well from a low speed. For that a little on board GPS or a radar gun (on a tripod so the angle error is consistent) will do.

Well when you spend time with the eagle tree at the lake and down load your run on the lap top right after you do it and watch it on the dash board then you tell me what is what.
Use a gun and it is good but you never know what the RPM's are just a guess at best.
Then make a strait run at it will you......LOL
WOW it is reeving its ass off.....LOL
Don't knock it till you try it. Eagle tree is the best way to tune a boat hands down.........
Gust go to the play store and look you will find all the aps you want.
You know how to do that?????????

WOW went to the play store and tons of aps showed up for acoustic tack.
Literally hundreds of them.......FREE to boot!!!!!
Just pick one and try it.

Go to midway on the page :

http://www.jrcbd.com/forum/showthre...temperature-sensors-on-gas-boat-engines/page2

Downloading and analyzing immediately after the run is the way to do it. I have a V3. Tnx for the info on the optical sensor though.
There is a lot of tach apps out there. The painful thing about this is seeing the ads while using the app. There's a trade off. Nature of the deal.
We'll, let me get trying.

Tnx Ronnie,
Got a V3 to test with.
Gonna try some acoustic tachometer phone apps when I got the time. Just like normal life for me. Working a lot of overtime, taking care of the "honeydoo" list, family stuff and getting the boats ready as soon as we get the green light. Time is valuable!

Latest posts

Back