Newest Member of the IMPBA Hall of Fame

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Dick,

Back in 1999 you were the CD at the very first Internats I attended. I knew you were a leader back then and this hammers that in STONE!.. well deserved and WAY LONG OVER DUE!

Mike Zaborowski (grimracer)

WOW! What started out as a beautiful day at the lake with my friends turned out to be a very special day in my model boating career. I didn't have a clue as to any of this that had been in the works for months. It was an emotional moment for me when District 12 Director Fred Lumb. Jr. said "Welcome to the IMPBA Hall of Fame" and handed me a plaque. The only one available at the time was John Finch's HoF plaque which I thought was pretty cool because how many people get to hold John Finch's HoF plaque? What an honor. I was completely blindsided by this. I had accepted long ago that this wouldn't happen. I have always been proud of the fact that I know that I did some good things for IMPBA as a District Director and as President and I always had the best interests of the members and the organization in mind when changes needed to be made. I have to give a lot of credit to my late wife Priscilla whose 2 1/2 years as IMPBA Secretary got the organization back on track and headed in the right direction. The hard work and late nights certainly made me look good, for sure. Thank you, Sweetie!
I appreciate all of the kind comments that I have received here and on Facebook ( my daughter Erin texted those to me ). It is nice to know that you are respected in the hobby that you have loved for so long. Most of my good friends have come from me racing R/C boats. And it was even more special that I received the news out at our practice lake with my great friends there that have been there for me for many years and have helped me greatly along the way. I can't thank them enough. And the people who instigated this process ( you know who you are! ) I am truly grateful that you went to bat for me for this to happen and be able to be honored with this induction into IMPBA's Hall of Fame. Thank you all.
The one thing that I have always told my fellow boaters over the years is that you can only take so much from the hobby before you need to give something back to it. I hope that at least some of them will remember that because we will always need people to help run the show.

Dick Tyndall

Latest posts

Back