Newest Cmb .45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, that’s a gold head .67 Evo; from the same era as the .45 and .90 gold head Evo. Those came before the purple head Evos. After the purple head Evo, came the .45RS and .91RS (red headed). I don’t think the .67 ever made it to RS. They stopped making double bobbin crank .67s; after the .67 purple head Evo. From then on, the .67 and .80 were only available in the “HR” line.
Yes, for whatever reason, I seem to always get the RS and EVO nomenclature mixed up.
I guess there's an inherent design issue within the rotor section on that .67 gold head we posted. AB explained to me what needed correction, but I've forgotten.

Yes, for whatever reason, I seem to always get the RS and EVO nomenclature mixed up.
I guess there's an inherent design issue within the rotor section on that .67 gold head we posted. AB explained to me what needed correction, but I've forgotten.
All of the Zimmerman disc Evo‘s of that era had too much clearance. It’s very easy to trim and correct that. They also respond very well to a square bore carb that Tidewater use to sell. Modified out that engine will run with any .67 today, but the piston is lacking taper/relief and will wear out fast.

Easily dome. Especially when they went from Evo to RS; then followed that with RS Evo. I always used to think of and call that type of CMB crank arrangement, Evo type, but had to revise that when they went to RS Evo.

the gold head 67 zimmerman motor was one the of best i have ever ran. cut the sleeve up open the rotor time. run .008 - .0010 back plate clearence and square out the carb. I picked up 5mph on that motor with a LONG venture stack. great great motor

Back