New Twin for open.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Mic. Can't wait to see its acceleration at the start of the race getting to that #1 bouy. Have you had a chance to test it yet?

Jim Allen

I think it will go mid to high 80's on a 2 lap and shooting for 70+ for a 6 lap heat.
Ran somewhere in there on the first outing and we need to prop however far 10000 ma will go. Only running 40X82mm motors (4 watt) to save juice. 100mph passes with 6 watt motors and 300 amp esc's ??? Ralph can take that one on.
Your correct Jim this one will punch to the turn. Hope to post a video as it runs and tracks perfect. May try counter rotating down the line but that is limited by props available.
Mic

Not sure Danny. Ralph is breaking ground with a new line of FE boats. Twin RR.jpeg
This is an all new twin.
RR P FE.jpeg
This is a P we tested that runs on rails.
RR Q hydro.jpeg
Here is the Q we took to Valdosta in February. 89 in the straights but we bent the turn fin and never got the rotation it was capable of after that.

I have video of all three running I just have to figure out how to transfer it from my e-mail. Work in progress.
Mic

Mic, we tried counter rotation with nitro years ago, boats ran on rails down the straightaways but they wouldn’t turn no matter what we tried. We handed that experience off to the full sized drag boats. It may work well in a model for SAW, the oval could be a challenge.
John

John,
Good info. Actually after the initial runs I am in no hurry to put the counter rotating shaft an props into service. The twin tracks as well as the Q single we ran in Valdosta.
Hope all is well with you back north.
Mic

Looks great Mic, are you running 6, 8 or 10S? Or it depends on who else shows up.:cool:
I need to get mine finished and tested. Hopfefully we will have enough twin FE's for our own class in the not too distant future.

Tyler,
Right now this project is set up with inexpensive components on 6S to get an idea of props. I hadn't considered 8S other than records so I dug out batteries to see what fits. (photo of 4 3300's 6S) Ralph built this boat and his other FE's with battery room in mind. Anyway four 5000ma 4S RT's fit easily and would be legal at 10000ma. Bear in mind this is the first one built and we are seeing what will fit. Can clean up and shorten wires later. With 5lbs of batteries just over 13 pounds ready to run.
RR Tlayout.JPG
RR T lay full.JPG
Danny,
Working on videos and will send soon if I can't figure it out.
Mic

Latest posts

Back