new Q-18 pipe in a sv

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

For inquiring minds,, the new super tigre Q-18 pipe just squeezes in the sv hull with the factory length header...in other words no pipe length adjustment room! Lets hope she is close to where she needs to be..my headers have a 1/2" cut off for the mod engines so i have a touch of adjustment. But figured i would let you guys know..

Pipe is longer,has a large volume and small I.D stinger..

Alden

Are you able to shorten the pipe any?

Robert, you can go shorter but would have to cut the header back. There is maybe 1/16" to play with without cutting the header. Nice pipe for sure though. The length could be right where it needs to be..not sure..

Alden

Remember the length you guys are seeing on the outside is just the length of the muffled part. The length of the actual tuned pipe is designed to work (on the MV anyway) with the stock length header.

Glenn

Remember the length you guys are seeing on the outside is just the length of the muffled part. The length of the actual tuned pipe is designed to work (on the MV anyway) with the stock length header.
Glenn

Understood glenn,, you can actually see where the muffled part begins.. Also understood it was designed with the vegas in mind..

Man sure is quiet, barely hear it running.. Makes good rpm power. Seems to not like to spin large props, but spins the heck out of smaller ones, all in all from what ive seen this could be an exciting pipe.. And for a great price.. Thanks glenn,super tigre,and the aquacraft team..

Alden

I had overlooked somthing here. There is room for pipe adjustment in the range of like 9/16".. The little chunk of teflon pressed on the stinger is the same O.D as the black rubber coupler that protrudes through the transom.. So,, if you remove the black coupler,, you will be able to slide the pipe back, the teflon on the stinger will rest lovely in the hole through the transom..

Sorry for the mis-information in post #1

Alden

Latest posts

Back