New offshore class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The new superboat class. I do agree about where it starts to pickup at. Like any class it will depend on you surroundings. I think the class has promise but I'm not sure who has access to 58 inch mono which I belive it said starting length is 58 inch. We have very few manufacturers that build this big. I think to open the spectrum the rules might start at 50 inch & above which will make more choices of boats. I don't think we all want the same looking boat with a different paint design. Mhz is a perfect example of SCALE LOOKING BOATS OF DIFFERENT DESIGNS.

Last edited:
The hull length is 55” to 60”.
There is at least 4 different shops in the US that make hulls that fit this class. Mine is a 58” Rico...

Attachments

• A16531CC-3E2C-4673-960C-28AA9F66C747.jpeg
    A16531CC-3E2C-4673-960C-28AA9F66C747.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 50
  • E07D61FC-ED13-4A67-AD1B-53B1FA6B8817.jpeg
    E07D61FC-ED13-4A67-AD1B-53B1FA6B8817.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 52
  • 07DBCC7C-15E0-496A-89D3-63B6ED8A8FA4.jpeg
    07DBCC7C-15E0-496A-89D3-63B6ED8A8FA4.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 48
I see it is 55 inch minimum. So we have 4 companies, I see seaducer has a 57 inch. Rico has a 58. Don't know when aeromarine will come back on line. Hope it's soon. We have bonzi sports boats. Enforcer rc has a 57. Is express craft still in business. So we have very little to choose from but I mentioned some. There might be more. Yes phill when these big boats get in rough water it's awesome to watch.

I see it is 55 inch minimum. So we have 4 companies, I see seaducer has a 57 inch. Rico has a 58. Don't know when aeromarine will come back on line. Hope it's soon. We have bonzi sports boats. Enforcer rc has a 57. Is express craft still in business. So we have very little to choose from but I mentioned some. There might be more. Yes phill when these big boats get in rough water it's awesome to watch.
Assault mono's also!!

Yes, the Speedfreak hulls are a real good choice, he makes two different boats and Mark Williamson (MAD Racing) also sells a hull. Plus you also have the international crowd. All together there are at least 10 choices for hulls but I’m sure that there is more.

New Zealand has a great off shore series in this class of boats - many of the boats raced there are owner built & raced & petrol powered : check it out on : NZMPBA
Dave Richardson

I'd like to see an offshore mono class for 65 inch and above, and an offshore cat class for 65 inch and above. Hulls to include new (if available), home built, or vintage. As for engines, I'd like to see 35cc and up. None of this will happen, but nevertheless it's what I'd like to see, it would be exciting!

This is my OD 57" Offshore racer for NZMPBA series in New Zealand. Powered by 27cc Zenoah with Prather P250 prop pulling 16400 rpm on 91 octane petrol. There are quite a few own designed and built hulls in NZ. We run in anything from flat calm water to 2 foot chop water and windy - fun.

Attachments

• 20210309_103552 (2).jpg
    20210309_103552 (2).jpg
    578 KB · Views: 46
IMPBA has the superboat class this year as a trial class this year. I have two of the Rico hulls with 30.5 cc engines and they do well. Not as fast as the inline boats but hear that in Melbourne they have a single only class of superboats that can race in single or open classes. They look awesome in rough water and it gets rough in a hurry with these boats. I had both boats set up as twin prop hulls but has issues getting around the corners. I also disliked that with two tuned pipes the boat would not float because there is not enough room for flotation in the left side of the boat. With the bow full of floatation it looks like a buoy in the pond but stays afloat. That is why I went single engine. I tried a cat and it worked great but it ended up over the 30 pound weight limit so it became a Christmas decoration with two elves skiing behind it.

I have a early 90's 57 inch twin craft - hull is straight, no hooks or bows in bottom, but sure is ugly!! Has many coats of paint, but nothing that sand paper can't fix. And, many past power sources - example: twin point 67 nitros, 2 vintage weed wackers. Plans for a modified Zen 320 - modified to 7 horse w/service drive and stinger. Should I remove 7 inches strapes near the transom?

Ken Johnson

Latest posts

Back