New OCT X572/2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bradley  the prop is successful 

I will work on V cut for my 101 mono 

thanks for info 

572 is lot of prop for a mono Allan...v-cut does not guarantee that it will work.

90 is not a 101.. ;)  

Hi Chuck  Did you use this prop on your Seaducer ?  I run my CMB101  but look too big  blades so Need V cut  

Alan .....A V-cut. is not going to change the diameter of the prop.

The V-Cut will help in the lower rpm range to help unload.

I have turned a COCR AL1 (71.5mm) prop with my nova91 and even a MW3 .

So your cmb101 will turn a 572 with a little reduction in dia and reduce cup  but you may not get the rpm .

Just try it.

Alan .....A V-cut. is not going to change the diameter of the prop.

The V-Cut will help in the lower rpm range to help unload.

I have turned a COCR AL1 (71.5mm) prop with my nova91 and even a MW3 .

So your cmb101 will turn a 572 with a little reduction in dia and reduce cup  but you may not get the rpm .

Just try it.
Ok I will work only shape and balance on prop  thanks 

Allan what you can use in prop size..IS NOT the same as what you can race.

Daivd is correct on being able to pull those props ..but to race them is a …..Whole nother  ball game..

101 in a SD 44in hull 470 is the blade.... You can put more on the boat, but you give up some control in race water.

The 470 -101 combo is hard to beat, stable, and will get you to finish line....!!!

If you want more...…………... you are starting to experiment...Good luck there. ;)

Allan,

Been there and done that. I can tell you some results from our testing.

Like Charles said it is too much at full diameter to heat race that is for sure.

We did reduce the diameter also, (70 mm) and still found out that 4.26” of average pitch

ill handled the boat. The 101 will turn them no problem, but you will not like the propeller

in race trim. If you want to try another possible choice try the X-470/3, but it will need quite

a bit of work also. The X-470 is a no-brainer for heat racing if you prepare them properly.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

David try a COCR BJ1or a AL1/3 blade or SIM3 .They are the choice of prop from reports.

Jims boat dock will have good advice.

Good luck

David,

I do not follow the gas boat scene anymore. Those other propellers that were suggested may work well? I mainly do Nitro and Electric boat propellers.

Thanks For Thinking Of Me Though,

Mark Sholund

Back