New Ellison sport hydro EXCITED!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny please provide your experience with this hull for heat racing I had one on order this year but Uncle Sam put the kibosh on it . Looking to see how it performs over the Backlash I had one of his riggers and it was awesome. Had input from Henry V on set up and turn fin. Keep us posted Jerry

Danny please provide your experience with this hull for heat racing I had one on order this year but Uncle Sam put the kibosh on it . Looking to see how it performs over the Backlash I had one of his riggers and it was awesome. Had input from Henry V on set up and turn fin. Keep us posted Jerry
Will do. Won’t be long.

Tk that was in my synergy.
Hi Danny,

Looks great and will run as great as it looks too!

Here's what I did for canopy windshields on mine...would look great on your orange cowl. I also put black screen inside all my cowl air cutouts which finishes it off nicely.

Marty

Attachments

• IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2319.JPG
    IMG_2319.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
Hi Danny,

Looks great and will run as great as it looks too!

Here's what I did for canopy windshields on mine...would look great on your orange cowl. I also put black screen inside all my cowl air cutouts which finishes it off nicely.

Marty
I plan to do similar for the windshield
And I cut the opening in the scoop but
No screen.
Yours look great too.

Danny did you like the synergy hydro...Any bad habits?
it is easy to set up. Runs great easily. Beautiful finish.
But it is weak and very heavy. My first boat was completely destroyed in a blow over at 83 mph. the second one was about 1.5 lbs heavier and badly stressed cracked in a blow over at 74mph.
The blow overs are not the boats fault. It is a great running boat. But don’t handle the landing well at all. My second synergy weighed 17.5 lbs rtr. Hard to beat boats that are 3-5 lbs lighter.
I’m aware that wood boats break too but being lighter you won’t have to fly them as much.
Inhad an assault sport hydro that was lighter than the synergy. Way stronger. Way! But had handling inconsistencies.
This is my first wood sport so will see how it goes. But it is right at 5 lbs lighter😳😳

Back