• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New CMB 80

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the billet version is fine, only need to hone (or clearance) the bushing/drum fit
Gonna respectfully disagree, the drum bushing is thicker in the cast housing and less prone to moving (turning). I've seen a few billet drum bushings move and there were no clearance issues. If given the choice I'll take the cast housing, never had one move. :cool:

All versions are fine
Gonna respectfully disagree, the drum bushing is thicker in the cast housing and less prone to moving (turning). I've seen a few billet drum bushings move and there were no clearance issues. If given the choice I'll take the cast housing, never had one move. :cool:
Welcome back,
There have been a lot of folks banging the hell out of the billet drum house motors since you’ve been gone. Nothing wrong with them, they work.

Randy,
You are offering a screaming deal!

All versions are fine
Welcome back,
There have been a lot of folks banging the hell out of the billet drum house motors since you’ve been gone. Nothing wrong with them, they work.

Randy,
You are offering a screaming deal!
Been gone? LOL. Never left. I've seen it happen a couple times so there's that. To each his own I guess......

Sounds like the bushing needs to be pinned on the billet housing

Last edited:
Sounds like the bushing needs to be pinned on the billet housing
We did that on a couple of them after seeing it happen. I will say that was when the billet version first came out so maybe they've tightened the fit. Regardless if I didn't already have enough 67s I'd snag this 80 and change out the piston/sleeve and head button. :cool:

Back