New Arrive Boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we'll post video possibly yet this year.. we've wound down the season here a bit... I dont post much anymore, but I'll lay some minor findings to those that care to think: the little blackhead cmb lacks torque, has a very high top end, and likes it.... following, in my experience(only) with cmb over time that, SMALLER props wound to the top end will aid the engine singing the pipe in a hydro at least.... credit where its due, darryl is running an engine steve wood modified, and out of the box, there was work to be done and engine balance to be found, which has shown vast improvement.... as it sits, the motor is very consistent and its there to continue pipe and propping as we go... every motor is different, and you can only gain so much torque vs spin back with any amount of work... face it...puke launches, dont win heats.... and darryl is on the right track to date...( im a novarossi guy, hopefully, and im on a different prop program) now... the prop, is a one off i did, an electric guy gave me, that... actually came in the bag detongued and very game changer similar in appearance, that i worked as a smaller diameter option for darryls boat, butchs boat, a cmb guys boat.... its a stainless thing that ill find out eventually what... if i remember it was on par with an h7 for numbers so...liking the smaller diameter, half the work out of the bag was done.... the kicker: i barr/backcut the prop to ease the cmb pain and it works well..... well enough. theres always more.... kicker 2: the gamechangers are great, the work is done, and tuning the trailing edge whether its barr, or back cutting or both, to achieve boat/engine/pipe harmony is the absolute ticket... the 1815, yes, is the current go to 21 hydro prop... take the time, if you read the start of this novel, and get out a dremel and your files and go at it.... your cmb will love you....( im not, in any way dogging cmb, theyre there, and ill be on their program soon enough) of note... Romans boat, is a great platform, and he does nice work, the AOA ski and spoons is on par with current designs so... thats an equation deal off the plate.... I'm currently testing chris woods designed G3 hydros with novarossi power, or, lol,maybe, id have me a carbon russia boat..... idk.. take this away from it all: get your engine numbers the best you can, pipe in conjunction, and be prepared to season your propellors to taste with what that engine is showing you... WORK on it.... high nitro and hang on.... 'luck....

Mike,

Just some recent testing we found the ABC 1715-17*-45% and
the 1717-19*-38% match up quite well with the CMB Beta EVO-21
engine. The CMB nitro pipe seems to work quite well with these
two propellers on a good 21-Hydro.

Thanks For The Update,

Mark Sholund

I installed new CMB 21 EVO , servos ,switch mount and custom pipe mount . I cut three holes air breath on cowl

Attachments

• FDB2D0ED-FB56-4844-91FD-320E24A0C0AF.jpeg
    FDB2D0ED-FB56-4844-91FD-320E24A0C0AF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
  • A6F6A2D9-BADD-4310-A98B-EEE71A3D0503.jpeg
    A6F6A2D9-BADD-4310-A98B-EEE71A3D0503.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 134
  • A564B1CC-A07D-4CE1-85E0-64D757F61170.jpeg
    A564B1CC-A07D-4CE1-85E0-64D757F61170.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 135
  • 6339700F-B8FA-4E0B-B852-1FD60FB31449.jpeg
    6339700F-B8FA-4E0B-B852-1FD60FB31449.jpeg