New .21 Sport Tunnel SAW record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

David Hall & Tommy Lee joint venture new Sport .21 Tunnel record this morning...

64.8mph with a fast pass of 65.4mph.... Tommy said he believes there is more left on the table....

This is being done with a 25 year old boat.....

Last edited:
Info from Tommy....The prop being used today is a bag ABC 1619-17-45 that went 69.5........ He said the boat isn't super happy with that prop but it is very fast.
Right now David and Tommy are doing some setup changes to see if the boat can be settled down with the 1619 prop....Maybe 70 is in the future????
In its 25 years on this earth that boat has never seen those speeds before and Tommy is trying to determine if there is more in it with a setup change....
For all of you who think the motor has been danced on , the motor is a "STOCK" 3.5 O.S. outboard.... This is the same motor that set the NAMBA record yesterday...
The only changes for today was a prop change......

Thanks everyone for the kind words-some days everything seems to fall into place. That is what happened on Sunday. I-slight correction on Rod's post. The engine we used was NOT the engine that set the NAMBA record at 63 mph but it was a bone stock O.S. that was fresh with all new parts. I am big on keeping the info accurate with anything I post and I think Rod is too but he just did not ask us about that before he posted. The engine was the water cooled version with the muffler extension installed. I have some prop work to do and some slight boat repair for next month so-----stay tuned

Mike-if you want to post the pictures that's okay. This boat surely is not going to win any awards for being pretty but I couldn't care less about that.

Anyone got photos of the hull being used ?
Here you go alan-this is how I did it 25 years ago. This boat looks like it has been tossed around somebody's shop for many years but I was lucky to get it back thanks to Mark Poole. Also the video posted above by Rod is the record run, both passes.

Attachments

• 100_2183.JPG
    100_2183.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
  • 100_2180.JPG
    100_2180.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 308
  • 100_2181.JPG
    100_2181.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 322
  • 100_2178.JPG
    100_2178.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
Thanks everyone for the kind words-some days everything seems to fall into place. That is what happened on Sunday. I-slight correction on Rod's post. The engine we used was NOT the engine that set the NAMBA record at 63 mph but it was a bone stock O.S. that was fresh with all new parts. I am big on keeping the info accurate with anything I post and I think Rod is too but he just did not ask us about that before he posted. The engine was the water cooled version with the muffler extension installed. I have some prop work to do and some slight boat repair for next month so-----stay tuned
We were all pretty excited about the Sport .21 record crushing and it never occurred to me to ask if it was a different motor.....I did know the motor was "box stock" so I included that info in my post....I wanted for everyone to know even though it was a IMPBA record that the motor used was box stock with no internal mods...
The difference in the speeds between the NAMBA and IMPBA records is the ABC 1619-17-45 prop....That prop wasn't run the day before during the NAMBA record trials....
Obviously a whole new door has opened up and needs to be tested.....Another amazing part of this effort is the 25 year old boat.....

Back