Need info for Zenoah 23cc carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry L Miller

Just bought an older boat, 55in mono with a Zenoah 23cc, owner before me started boat about 10 years ago but never ran it in the water. Fuel system a mess from gas sitting in it, replaced tank and lines. Carb is messed up, runs but not good. Carb on it from new is a Walbro Wa-167A, I have a rebuild kit ordered, what would be a good Walbro carb to replace this with? This carb is hard to find, even the rebuild kit was not much of a choice on. Want a newer carb model that will work. Dont mind spending some money on this, everything is like new, and want it to run nice.. Thanks for any input on this..

Last edited:
Very popular and easy to tune; Walbro WT 257 @ BH Hanson.
Thanks for the info, I will look into that carb. Will it also work on the 26cc, will upgrade to that engine at some point Looks like your the ONLY person on this forum willing to help out a new person with a very basic question! Thanks again..

Larry that carb works for everything from 22.5 (23) to 30.5+.

It doesn't use a primer bulb like the 167, so you prime it and choke it at the same time, with just a finger over the air inlet. Some guys over-choke and cause a flooded condition. If you need help with a starting procedure, just ask.

You'll find that some folks can't be bothered to answer questions or help out. But there's no lack of criticism from the same.

Last edited:
Larry I am running a CCRacing modded 1048 carb on my Omen mod 23 Zenoah out here in New Zealand. That thing in my Gen3 Backlash even keeps the big blocks honest on the oval course here. Just another option for you

Last edited:
Looks like your the ONLY person on this forum willing to help out a new person with a very basic question! Thanks again..
Not exactly true, many of us are willing to help others. In this case, there may not be many people that still have or run the 23cc Zenoahs. I've got one, a BH Hanson Indy version, sitting in a half built hydroplane that's never had fuel in it. I can tell you that Dennis is one of the few here in the forum that really knows gas engines so if he recommends something, it's probably a good bet it will work.

Larry, when you are looking into gas carbs, there are a lot of "modified" carbs offered for substantially more money. They do work, but for a lot of them, you would be very hard pressed to notice anything on the water over a stock version. They are more suited to a large maximum effort motor. We have a customer that runs our SRI Motorsports Pioneers @ above 100MPH on stock Walbro carbs. He has tried them all ( including the high flow barrel carbs ), and for drivability and high end power, he prefers a carb very similar to the 257s.

Just bought an older boat, 55in mono with a Zenoah 23cc, owner before me started boat about 10 years ago but never ran it in the water. Fuel system a mess from gas sitting in it, replaced tank and lines. Carb is messed up, runs but not good. Carb on it from new is a Walbro Wa-167A, I have a rebuild kit ordered, what would be a good Walbro carb to replace this with? This carb is hard to find, even the rebuild kit was not much of a choice on. Want a newer carb model that will work. Dont mind spending some money on this, everything is like new, and want it to run nice.. Thanks for any input on this..

I just ordered a 257 for my boat from gizmo motors. They have them on sell. Where you located at Larry?

Latest posts

Back