Need a retrieval boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonaldThomas

Hello everyone, I need a boat that I can use as a retrieval boat. I can’t carry a canoe in my car and the place I run can be a little too large to toss a fishing line out to my boat if it stalls. What type of retrieval R/C boat do you recommend? Thanks in advance...Ron

Ronald,
I have seen people use those Jet Jam boats connected to a fishing rod line. They drive out and around the dead boat and reel it in. I think I saw one on rcgroups for sale. Just a thought.
Ron

Hello everyone, I need a boat that I can use as a retrieval boat. I can’t carry a canoe in my car and the place I run can be a little too large to toss a fishing line out to my boat if it stalls. What type of retrieval R/C boat do you recommend? Thanks in advance...Ron

My rescue boat is
Riverine Patrol Boat 22" Brushed RTR
from Horizon Hobby

We have several of the tug boats in our club they are easy to build and work great for retrieval also when kids are around they get to drive them

Just be careful pulling the boat onboard, prop and turn fins are very sharp. Don't accidentally want to let the air out.😉😱
Exactly what happened to me many years ago... Luckily, the inflatable had three chambers and the leak was slow enough for me to get back on shore

This Vac-U-Tug is pretty easy to pack, it all fits in a toolbox. Not the fastest but it worked great for years rescuing everything from a-riggers to 1/8 scales, I’ve replaced it now with a modified Atlantic tug for more speed but it’s definitely harder to pack.

Attachments

• 8DB300D0-159C-4B77-AEDE-D483463319A0.jpeg
    8DB300D0-159C-4B77-AEDE-D483463319A0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 73A6BD17-3089-4E3D-B3D5-58ED08D7A75F.jpeg
    73A6BD17-3089-4E3D-B3D5-58ED08D7A75F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 1781A1D1-7AD2-4393-94B5-2EC43D184FF4.jpeg
    1781A1D1-7AD2-4393-94B5-2EC43D184FF4.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 90
I have a 10' fishing kayak that I use to retrieve my boats. My 60" gas cat is a handful to try and get into the kayak with me so I use a suction GPS mount and some small rope to tow it back to shore. Just slap the suction cup on the bow of the boat and tow it in.
I'm working on a PVC and pool noodle contraption that will be powered by a 60 sized airplane motor for a retrieval boat right now.

Mine are!!! Ask me how a Prather S/S feels when you find the one hiding on the floor of the garage, barefooted!!
Last Friday night...
The words that followed WTF weren't nice either

Thats a hell of a way to find your lost prop- but at least ya got it back ;)

Latest posts

Back