NAMBA rules on length and width of rudder for 1/10th Scale Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinFinn

Is there a rule on length and width of rudder for 1/10 scale hydro? And, what set-up are the 1/10th scale racers running?

I don't think there's a rule on that, just how far back the rudder mount w/rudder can extend from the transom. If you use a short mount, you should be fine.

NAMBA Rule book. Section 28. 7.b.iv

If you're building a 1/10 scale, I recommend you read section 28.7 completely. There are limitation in that class you won't find addressed anywhere else in the rule book.

NAMBA Rule book. Section 28. 7.b.iv

If you're building a 1/10 scale, I recommend you read section 28.7 completely. There are limitation in that class you won't find addressed anywhere else in the rule book.
Thank you. Yes, I am aware of that rule. There does not appear to be any rule on length and width of the rudder. I also could not find a limitation on length and width of the skid fin regarding electric hydro 1/10th scale.

Last edited:
Skid fin info is in the vintage and modern subsections. Vintage is defined fairly well. Modern is very subjective.

Back