Namba nitro classes?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
I haven't run tunnels in a while, and the only tunnel I have is an old Top Speed 2 with a stock K&B 3.5 Gold head O.B.. I doubt that the boat is competitive but i'll race it anyway.....is there still a class that I can legally race it in?
What other 3.5 O.B. classes are there? I also have an old Mod VP hull called a long board with no engine on it........is this hull still legal to race? Many Thanks!

If the engine is COMPLETELY stock with the stock needle it runs in NAMBA A OPC Tunnel. Read the rule book on the NAMBA web site.

Lohring Miller

Bill,
Here are the rules for the IMPBA Mod-VP boats. These are used by the IMPBA clubs that offer this class. These are not found in your official rule book because it is still considered a specialty class. If you have any questions about it you can ask myself or Mark Poole. Mark is a member of this forum also.

Thanks,
-Carl

Attachments

• Mod-VP JAN 15-2014-REV-2 .pdf
    345.5 KB · Views: 103
Get on the list for the new tunnel from Zipp Kits. Get 2 and you can run 1 as an electric Bill. We have a fair amount of stock 3.5's here in Alberta and the electric's.

Brad

A Stock as long as there’s nothing crazy going on in there!
It can run A mod also. A KB/ Leecraft won our district championship in District 13 last year for IMPBA B sport. As long as you finish consistently and attend races you are always in contention!

Bill,
Here are the rules for the IMPBA Mod-VP boats. These are used by the IMPBA clubs that offer this class. These are not found in your official rule book because it is still considered a specialty class. If you have any questions about it you can ask myself or Mark Poole. Mark is a member of this forum also.

Thanks,
-Carl
Thanks so much Carl!

A Stock as long as there’s nothing crazy going on in there!
It can run A mod also. A KB/ Leecraft won our district championship in District 13 last year for IMPBA B sport. As long as you finish consistently and attend races you are always in contention!
Appreciate the info Brandon! Ive notified Joe with Zippkits to please put me down for a couple of G30 tunnel kits!

Bill, I am sure you remember when the Brandon club was hosting the Tunnel Master series. Is the Longboard you have the one that you finally got after paying for it?

Initial question on what nitro tunnel classes are running. The upcoming World Tunnel champs still the largest tunnel event pretty much are down to .21 sport/stock. .21 mod and .45 mod. Mod Vp and Super Stock 45 do not look to make the class minimum. Kneeler is gone and a few hydro's linger.
Around the country there are pockets of tunnels mostly .21's
Mic

Our club still runs tunnels. Once the 7.5 stock tunnel was our biggest class. These days the P limited tunnel has mostly replaced it. We run some 3.5 stock and mod nitro tunnels in the same group, but the electric tunnels are as fast and more reliable.

Lohring Miller

Back