• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale N.i.b k&b 7.5 inboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris doherty

n.i.b k&b 7.5 9181..... 130.00 shipped lower 48 f&f

Attachments

• chrisiphone.11.16.21.jpg
    chrisiphone.11.16.21.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
That is a Bad Azz little engine, too bad they are no longer supported by K&B, Mecoa
What do you mean not supported mecoa has a full line of parts for this motor I have 3 of them and just bought a piston sleeve and Teflon pads for it 5at the beginning of summer

Last edited:
I'm gonna withdraw the sale of the motor what I asked for it and the offers I'm getting just isn't worth it for me I've been in rc since the 70s and grew up with k&b and o.s even Irvine marine engines was all that was running at the lakes except the guys that experimented with airplane and car engines like throwing a supertigre in a boat with a octura Or prather Kool clamp or made there own contraption it was when ops cmb picco wasn't even a known word in the u.s so maybe I'm bias with the value .but anyway thanks

I was going to buy it at first glance, but it would be the only K&B in the stable... and I have run every size motor but never a .45...
At some point I want to build a sport 40, so this would have been a cheap way to get started.

but again,,, new motor means a new line of parts, pieces, carbs, pipes, etc....think I will start with a hull first!!!

I was going to buy it at first glance, but it would be the only K&B in the stable... and I have run every size motor but never a .45...
At some point I want to build a sport 40, so this would have been a cheap way to get started.

but again,,, new motor means a new line of parts, pieces, carbs, pipes, etc....think I will start with a hull first!!!
I here you its a screamer I ran them in the 70s all the way up untill now and never had a reason to part ways with them always competitive there not a cmb but close enough for 350.00 less

One more thing,,, K&B's are not to bad of a motor,, like all motors, you have to work out the bugs and figure out what parts work well with them...
We had a guy in the Houston club and that's all he ran- K&B's... and he did very well with them!
I think the .45, .67, and .82 were his favorites..
He could make them scream.. but, it took some work. aftermarket bearing housings, carbs, piston and sleeve mods, head mods, etc..

Another thing was, parts were cheap !!!
So he could experiment with 2 pistons and sleeves for the price of one CMB...

One more thing,,, K&B's are not to bad of a motor,, like all motors, you have to work out the bugs and figure out what parts work well with them...
We had a guy in the Houston club and that's all he ran- K&B's... and he did very well with them!
I think the .45, .67, and .82 were his favorites..
He could make them scream.. but, it took some work. aftermarket bearing housings, carbs, piston and sleeve mods, head mods, etc..

Another thing was, parts were cheap !!!
So he could experiment with 2 pistons and sleeves for the price of one CMB...
A
Absolutely I don't know how long you been in the hobby but you should have seen my father and me in the 70s and early 80s a good day was getting a tank or two through without very many problems they were big-time temperamental back then you could have it set perfect one week the next week motor wouldn't start and so on but yes I&b were always reasonably priced o.s. were the cream but as now very pricey ...the late 80s and 90s were the peak of boats the clubs were packed you had k&b o.s ops picco cmb Mac and it was Rossi back then but it was great .I use to place every race with a seaducer and a o.s21 rzm

been in boats since the late 70's....
So, yeah...I've seen some changes...

I got out for a while,, but held onto all of my stuff and as of lately I've been getting back into it slowly.
Hopefully more this time to just have fun, and not get into the rat race of racing...that's what kind of killed it for me last time.
All of the fighting and bickering and trying to keep up with the Joneses attitudes everyone had kind of sucked the fun out of the hobby.

Back