My new NX 320

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of fun for sure! SOOOOO much can be learnt (about race lines and boat setup) by driving close to each other lap after lap.

I hope this means you will be making the trip south in November Rene? Not far for you at all

Yes it was fun Kris and a lot was learned, Not sure about making it south I want to, We will see.

Rene

Oh we had a lot of fun that's for sure. Lots of laughs during the races, maybe too much LOL... And you really couldn't have asked for better weather.

I've got to say, that boat looks really good Mike, I cant wait see it when it gets here. I thought the pics you sent to my phone looked good but man it sure looks a lot better on my 24" monitor at work
default_laugh.png

Brian

I think you will like the build quality. I have to say, it is the most square, cleanest tunnel I have ever built. No break through's anywhere on the boat. That in itself is tough to do! I already washed the exterior, so when you sand it to add another epoxy coat/ and or clear coat, you should not experience any sandpaper clogging. Mike

Well, that is an interesting story. I used MAS about 4 years ago..didn't really care for it. Then switched to West Systems, liked it for the first couple years, but about a year ago, I noticed that it was not applying like it use too, and I was getting lots of air pockets/ divits forming on the surface. It has gotten so aggravating as of late that I decided to make a change. I have been purchasing my Polyester resin, and tooling resin/gel from a company in Florida called US Composites. They have their own label of Epoxy, with 3 different hardner offerings. I purchased the medium 3:1 hardner kit. I love the working time and it cured with minimal blush. Not only that, but the surface, as you will see when you get it, is free of an air pocket/divets. It just needs sanding as the surface, like any epoxy draws in the gloss on the first coat...very typical. You will see on your radio box, some divets...guess what, the radio box was done in West Systems as I could pump a smaller amount to tackle the coating of it. It is plain to see the difference in the hull vs the radio box...at least to me it was! The wetout on the 10oz cloth I put in your transom was also very fast, which was nice.

Here is the part I like the most, and was also becoming a concern with West Systems...the Price.

West is about $145 for a 1.25 gallon kit of resin and hardner.

For the 635 Thin US Composites kit, which is 1.35 gallons, is $71.00.

To me, that price difference is a huge thing, especially with production. I have been so pleased with everything I have purchased from US Composites, and have zero reason to believe this epoxy will let me down. They also offer smaller kits, so if you wanted to purchase some, go to the following link...they offer it in 16oz, Quart, 1/2 gallon, on up to 20 gallon kits.

A lot of my customers were complaining that West is mainly a Quart kit being the smallest and they were spending $60-80 for that kit...Quart at US Composites is only $23.95...very reasonable for a hobby builder.

http://www.uscomposites.com/epoxy.html

Here is a vid from yesterday, I could not hit the clock all day with any of my boats,Anyways tried to run Brian down and fell short.

Rene,

I think Brian has your number now?

Looks like you guys had some fun.

Brian won this round !!!

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Looking much better!

Are you having to lift off the throttle a little to get it in the turn?

Guys,

Rene's motor is stock he just keeps working with propellers and set up tips.

The OPS DAC-21 motor is really just starting to get broke in now. He is

going to try more propellers that should improve the running attitude even

more. Nice set up, but it is taking a lot of testing to get it right.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guy's, A lot of testing that is for sure well worth it in the end and still more to go. Yeah Brian it was fun for sure, maybe I have something for ya now LOL..

Thanks Mark for all your help on this boat the OPS is coming alive now, looking forward to more testing..

Not yet Mike, might be a little while before I get mine put together. After building my hydro and getting the other boats ready for they year, gotta get out of the boat room if ya know what I mean.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back