My First competitive Gas boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

I've been running Nitro boat since the 1970's. I laid off for a while. when I came back things had changed ! Nitro is a faction of what it was. Gas seems to be the thing ? I meet a Guy named Chad from Atlanta area.
He said Buy a gas boat ! I'd sell all My Nitro boats ! That's Not going to happen ! BUT I've watched many Gas classes. I like the Sport class ! A Buddy sent Me a Custom Built hull Bye Bob Johnson ! Brand New unused !
It came rigged less Engine and pipe and Prop ! I've decided to bye a 30 cc engine. I want to run it in Both IMPBA and NAMBA ! What Pipe and Prop do I start with ? I don't want to end Up with a box of pipes and props ! Any thing You Guys can Agree on ? Thanks dave

if you want to run both namba And Impba you need to follow namba G rules especially for the G1 sport hydro class. you cant use the 30 in G1 sport hydro it has to be the 260 and the motor can't have a stroker crank. good prop to start with is the abc 2716/2 prop just sharpen and balanced.
for you to run the 30 in namba it would fall under G2 or GX2 rules the class equivalent in impba would be LSG36. you can use the zippkits 7/8 pipe set at 13" as a start. post a pic of the boat lets see what it looks like. happy boating

if you want to run both namba And Impba you need to follow namba G rules especially for the G1 sport hydro class. you cant use the 30 in G1 sport hydro it has to be the 260 and the motor can't have a stroker crank. good prop to start with is the abc 2716/2 prop just sharpen and balanced.
for you to run the 30 in namba it would fall under G2 or GX2 rules the class equivalent in impba would be LSG36. you can use the zippkits 7/8 pipe set at 13" as a start. post a pic of the boat lets see what it looks like. happy boating

In Florida district 3 limit for G1 Sport Hydro is 31.99cc

IMPBA limit is 27 but you could run a stroked 26

Back