My 1st Build (SLR Missile Thunderboat ZippKit)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still here,
Working on getting back surgery.
It has placed life on Hold...
But this to shall pass
And I will be on the water oh yea!!

What a great day,
I was able to move about the house today and was able to clean up the boat room so I could get some work done on the cowling and driver. Guess I would be limited to cleaning up only. but thats cool. tomorrow I will post some work on the cowling, I am still going with bright yellow trim and the cowl with V-12 exhausts. It felt good to be in the room.
I was able to talk one of my RC flyers buddies into building a Boat as well, he is getting the SLR-Zipp as well and the hardware kit. Hopefully he will be online with his electrical know how as his build progresses.
More to come

I marked off and refit the Cowling I feel pretty good about the location of the pipes and started looking at the edges. I know some of you painted a scuff edge? I was thinking about using 1/4 round or 1/4 oval brass .35inch with a few screw holes but cant find brass that is thin enough.
cowling_001.jpegGoing to cut openings on the side and use a flat piece to mount the pipescowling_003.jpeg What would you all do for the Edge? bass paint or tape, or ?
It is nice to get back to it.
I did Find Wesley's Custom Graphics 1960's and 70's simulated Rub Rails?
Has any one used it?
More to come.

Last edited:
Everything looks great. A friend of mine used actual 1/4 in automotive trim I believe. I will try to find out more. Here’s a pic…

Attachments

• 0135B1C2-3279-4E3A-A536-83B97CF01006.jpeg
    0135B1C2-3279-4E3A-A536-83B97CF01006.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • D174A4E1-A90B-4A7A-8380-9091298EFFD2.jpeg
    D174A4E1-A90B-4A7A-8380-9091298EFFD2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
It is this stuff and it is self adhesive. It would be lightweight and would actually work too.
Very smart Idea, I shoulda looked there 1st.
When I ordered the Brass I got both sizes (small and Smallest) But it is WAY TOO Heavy.brass oval_002.jpeg I did get get enough to do the whole nose @ 7ft 6 inch
BUT I do like that 1/8th in custom trim and I could put a black paint dot 1/2 inch apart before I clear coat it. Thank you Rich.

Very smart Idea, I shoulda looked there 1st.
When I ordered the Brass I got both sizes (small and Smallest) But it is WAY TOO Heavy.View attachment 307750 I did get get enough to do the whole nose @ 7ft 6 inch
BUT I do like that 1/8th in custom trim and I could put a black paint dot 1/2 inch apart before I clear coat it. Thank you Rich.
You betcha. I may do it on ours, haven’t decided yet.

The driver figure you had looks cool, where did you get it ?

I went back through my build, on the 1st page Post #13 I listed the 2 3Dkits I was very lucky to receive as I believe this RC Co. is no longer available or changed names as I am unable to locate. Regards Bonzi RC Sports has one. Check out there web page. Here is the link to the 3D scale Co. I used. Good luck on your build.
There are a lot of hobbyist, and skilled builders here that I have found to be instrumental in the building of my 1st Boat. C.
Mang_Eng_01.jpeg ZZZBonzi.driver.jpg
1st Pic... https://www.scale-3d.com/products

2nd is Boni-sports Driver 3" Driver Figure | Bonzi Sports - BONZI Sports Inc

I went back through my build, on the 1st page Post #13 I listed the 2 3Dkits I was very lucky to receive as I believe this RC Co. is no longer available or changed names as I am unable to locate. Regards Bonzi RC Sports has one. Check out there web page. Here is the link to the 3D scale Co. I used. Good luck on your build.
There are a lot of hobbyist, and skilled builders here that I have found to be instrumental in the building of my 1st Boat. C.
View attachment 307913 View attachment 307914

Chuck, thank you for the info, the drivers from Bonzi looks pretty cool, I did some searches and found a couple more options.
1/ Enforcer had the driver figures and gauges, dash kits.

1660399596582.png
2/ Gravesrc, interesting source, more options, PILOT FIGURES Remote Controlled Hobby
1660399492305.png
3/ Rattle snake, cool figured and it does have options for steering wheels, engine model.... 3d Parts & Pieces | rattlesnake-rc

1660408931568.png

Last edited:
View attachment 307913 View attachment 307914

Yeah Scale 3D sort of dropped off the edge of the planet. No response to emails etc…

Back