Multiple carbies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ashcroft

I have a future build in mind where the engine will use multiple carbies,,
In fact there will be 8 carbies,,rather than use 8 needle valves could I get away with using one needle valve only??
It will be on a miniture conley style V8..
Just because I would like to order custom carbies and would rather have no needle on the carby.body .

I'm not sure I can help . But this is something to think about . On Motorcycles with multiple carbs even though they are all connected they are still individually adjusted . One carb is like the main and the others are adjusted to it. Also the inner carbs are set slightly different from the outers due to the inner cyclinders running a bit hotter than the outers. Have to use a Manometer to set them . Granted a lot of what I typed probably won't apply to what your are doing. Good luck . Would love to see your progress on this .

Power is not really important as it will be not a racer, but more a static model and run the engine every now and then..
I could setup with 8 carby manifold.or just go with a Blower setup instead...

Last edited:
That’s kinda what i was guessing. Being that is what you are looking for, you may get by with a single needle. I would do 2 needles. For the best performance 8 would be best.

Latest posts

Back