Motor suggestions please!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Corrigan

Hi all, first time posting and after some advise. Just picked up a 34” mono shallow Vee and building my first boat, mainly just for a bit of fun. Previous owner suggested 7.5 - 10cc motor but that seems a bit on the large side? Would a .21 push that boat along alright or am I better off with like a .32 dynamite or .46 Mecoa? Again just after a bit of fun.. and if I can get 40mph out of it I’ll be more than happy! I can get a .28 Go Pro series motor too which I thought might be a good fit. Running surface drive and 3/16 hardware. Many thanks!!

What vee hull do you have? You could buy a top dollar high performance. 21 and get good performance or buy a more affordable .28 and get good performance both will do the job ..

If your boat is slightly longer than actual .21 size and no idea for competition that the big block engine may be a good choice. I currently have two big block engines (.28 & .32)and probably match your project.
Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_4130.JPG
    IMG_4130.JPG
    938 KB · Views: 13
  • E-3205M2.JPG
    E-3205M2.JPG
    898.5 KB · Views: 13
I'd probably do a good .21 or .45 engine (NovaRossi .21DD/.46DD, CMB, AA, etc.,...). This way, if you do become more intrigued with racing your boat will be class legal. You will be happy with the power, whether .21 or .45 cubic inch. 34" should handle either size okay.

If you can post an image of your boat

Last edited:
Back