Monos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SD44 has won every major race the last 2 seasons!!
????
default_huh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
????
default_huh.png
2016 Florida winter championships Ray Bowden2015 Hobart Sam Bowden

2015 Fall Nats?? Kently Porter not sure what hull?

2015 Spring Nationals Gene Mongar not sure what hull?

2015 Florida winter race Jerry Crowther

2014 Fall Nats Jerry Crowther

2014 Hobart Olly Douglas

2014 Nitro nats Sam Bowden

2014 Spring Nationals Jerry Crowther

Evansville Mendota Mt Vernon all 2014&2015 races were won by Seaducer in F Mono if my memory is correct?

Jerrys may have been with the 45" boat? Either way Seaducer is in the winner circle often??

????
default_huh.png
2016 Florida winter championships Ray Bowden2015 Hobart Sam Bowden

2015 Fall Nats?? Kently Porter not sure what hull?

2015 Spring Nationals Gene Mongar not sure what hull?

2015 Florida winter race Jerry Crowther

2014 Fall Nats Jerry Crowther

2014 Hobart Olly Douglas

2014 Nitro nats Sam Bowden

2014 Spring Nationals Jerry Crowther

Evansville Mendota Mt Vernon all 2014&2015 races were won by Seaducer in F Mono if my memory is correct?

Jerrys may have been with the 45" boat? Either way Seaducer is in the winner circle often??
You are correct...Seaducer's are in the winner's circle quite often. At most races that is the "ONLY" boat that people are racing in the X/F class are SD44's. So yeah,the SD44 win's 1st in the X/F class at majority of races.

What Doc was asking would a Nitro engine in a Gas hull be competitive and what are the choices. Yes a gas "HULL"with a Nitro engine could and would be VERY competitive. At least Doc is thinking out of the Box and wanting to try something different. Instead of the S.O.S. follower's.

Do not get me wrong,Dad and I pit under the same tent as Jerry at races we are at together,I am a MB guy . He has his **** together "NO DOUBT"....BUT there will always be Chevy's,Ford's,Toyota's,Kawasaki,Honda's,etc.that is what makes this hobby great.

The last race for US1 in Charleston MB won 21/67/90 Mono. Just saying it is ok to go against the flow,lead dont follow. Sounds like that is what Doc wants to do. Give'em "HELL" Doc.

Stan... Doc is looking to fix something that only he can fix....
default_wink.png
;)
default_wink.png

Insane, Rico, Assault, Vector, Slayer, Y6, Patriot, TexasSpeed, .................and I have forgotten a FEW .

He will be outside the box all right...
default_ph34r.png
:ph34r:
default_ph34r.png
default_ohmy.png

I hate to say it because I have raced x/f mono for years but if you want to trully test your monohull skills you have to move into gas.

I hate to say it because I have raced x/f mono for years but if you want to trully test your monohull skills you have to move into gas.

Thats a true statement for sure !!. The gas mono classes offer terrific racing and are very difficult to win, good drivers, many good hulls, and that **** creepy crawly start to the line all make for some tight racing lanes, and close races.

You know if you go to a race and compete with 30+ other mono in a class and win...............you have earned it........
default_wink.png

If you think running some thing besides a Seaducer is thinking out side the box.......you have a very small box..
default_laugh.png

is this due to the sheer number of boats entered into these classes? Or because of the difference in water-craft characteristics of one type from the other (ie. "gas" vs. "nitro")?

Thoughts on the bottom of the Insane mono with multiple streaks in the front 2/3 of the hull.

Insane vs Microburst vs Ricco vs CC life?????

Quality of workmanship performance?

Doc

I think it will be hard to give a true comparison with a nitro eng in the different hulls as I don't thing any one has run them this way.

I can say for the Rico it is a totally different boat with a light nitro eng in it.

I know I was not the first to put a nitro eng in one.

Over in Europe some have run this boat with a .91 in it with good results.

Now the Microburst is a proven hull with this set up...........

Gene Mongar runs one now and it runs very good.......................

There is a vid on YouTube of David showers running the 45" microburst with a CMB 67 .looks to be running well.so the 51"mb would go OK with a 101 perhaps.

Take it from a gas mono guy. I have won the IMPBA Gas Nationals running 3 different hulls. AC Lazer, Rampage, and Light Speed. There are many gas Mono's out there that are awesome. When you get down to it, it's setup and driving skills that get's you on the podium.

Back