Monos built strickly for SAW?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx John.

Christian, this is pretty obvious, i think it was already claimed as illegal in this thread
default_wink.png

Christian,

You must also look at hydro hull classifications in the rule book to see if items like this make the boat a hydro. Example..........on page K4 of Technical Standards second paragraph under HYDRO HULL DEFINITIONS AND RESRICTIONS in the IMPBA rule book it states in section F .... Hydrofoil Suspension hulls.........

Hydrofoil suspension hulls will have a hull which may be, but is not restricted to, a monoplane style that is lifted free of the water when operated at speed by skis or foils which are secured to the hull with struts. What you have is an appendage with skis, so it would fall into the hydro class.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello John,

yes ,i run them on the transom of Octura SK Daddle 20 , but yes its like a canard with outrigged sponson.

Happy Amps Christian

BC0A7B70-87AA-4BFA-AEBC-D7F371D07754.jpeg

Yes it is legal.

John

Heo,
John, we talked about tabs last year.
I have some issues with my hull and working on different options. Simply driven by the intrinsic issue of a mono regarding its lift and some cog issues and on the other hand not willed to redo the whole cnc machined negative form.
The other options (rebuilt moving cog or elongate driveline) are way more critical regarding mechanical robustness and riding stability as this twin layout involves some pretty high risks of instabilities down the straights.

This is how the described 5" tab in the center will be mounted.
You confirm that it is legal?
If yes i make it potentially more then a test and more robust.
Do not want to waste time for non legal stuff :)

Thanks in advance
Ralf

Attachments

• 20190630_213250.jpg
    20190630_213250.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 205
Hi Ralf,

Somebody on my Youtube channel saw a picture of your SAW record run and asked me how long is your mono. Fun times at Legg Lake for sure !!

Tony

Hello Ralf,

It took awhile but I read through this whole thread and learned something about mono
rules and designs. I have been building outboard R/C model tunnel boats since the 70's but I have never owned a mono. I recently had a friend of mine asked me to digitize a sketch of a mono for him. I think his design looks good but I wanted to ask you a couple of questions before this prototype model is sent to the laser.

If you could, please send your email address to: [email protected]

Thanks,
-Carl

Hey,
sorry for the late reply, busy with moving to a new house.

Yeah Toni, legg lake was a crazy cool time. 42inch :D

Carl, sure, i will send you an email.

Btw, this very long tab did not work well :>

Regards
Ralf

Hello Bob,
it was pretty standard: short strut setup, Speedmaster 40 rudder
The hull was a sort of delta force but without ridepad. Was a pure deep vee with sharp keel.

Hopefully this year i can top the record or at least getting next to it with a S-class setup on the Munich Saw.

Regards
Ralf

Attachments

• IMAG2296.jpg
    IMAG2296.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
Hi Tyler, thank you, also for the offer. I still have the three available. As lot of other stuff on the boat did not work well the last 2 years i was not able to integrate them properly.

Hi,
as i have read , Ralf set some records belong to the boat class . 170 km/h L10 (106 mph) , L20 he run one pass 204 km/h ( 127,5 mph) and average of two pass 195 km/h (121,8 mph ).

Happy Amps Christian

Back