Monos built strickly for SAW?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bradley,

do you know what is the internet ? spezial something like a forum . It is a open place ,where you can show and talk about what you are doing and look what other do . And you can take ideas and share ideas . But you have to know this is a open world . Everybody in the world can see that drawing ,the building ,the way you have done it. If you do not want this ,don't show your inspiration ,don't show any drawing and look for a patent . But one day you have to show it ,when you run it first time out ,someone will see it .

For me ,i show everything in modelbuilding and share ideas . I think it is the best way to inspirate other to run there owen ideas . Sitting in the home garage and doing high secret will help nobody . I will show you my way. In the year 1996 i build my firt outrunner motor that has some spezial design futures from the company i have worked for. It show that it was the right way for modelairplanes and so i looked a way how to settle this motor in the modelbuilder world. The way was to self build as everybody can build things by self if they are hold by a patent. So i start a artikel in a German modellbuilder magazine . This outrunner patents are no moore running and if you look around they are used by every section from airplanes to heilcoper to quadrocopter drones to boats to cars. I earn no mony by this motors . What do you think will they be so popular if i have run them only for me selling patent lizenz . No .

And there are some other things i share ,i have worked for and want no mony like propellers and boats sold by early Graupner company. This is my hobby .

Happy Amps Christian

Im no genius far from it! My idea was simply launching the boat? And the rules on how to launch? There maybe some i don't know? I figure if you could slingshot launch or rocket launch a boat? Would that help a saw record? Is it legal? Or would that only work for the first pass? Ive only ever seen a handful of SAW passes on YouTube and most seem to wait for clean water after pass 1 before returning for pass 2 but i figured if you could retain some of the speed from a launch better than a two arm throw! To hit the water with faster with more RPM or a larger prop? Get the boat to turn faster for pass 2 it may improve a SAW record? Im not a racer or even .0000001 of a rc boat man as the people on Intlwaters! What i know could be written on a postage stamp! And I definitely didn't invent the outrunner electric engine! I just simply said ive seen people in different sports take other people's ideas after reviewing them as the so called man writing the rules! And use the idea for themselves! Drag racing! Moto-x! Even surfing! And i highly doubt I'm the next SAW record man! I'd be flat out keeping a rc boat off the bank!!☺

Hi Bradley,

no quest , every ad of power will help to reach a new record. But i think the basic rule is that all the power that propel the boat or any other vehicle has to be onbord. see our company has a linear accelerator that moves parts with high speed to test collision of this parts with space satelite . It's important to know what happen in this case . This accelerator can has a topspeed of mach 10 . It's a 6 meter long ramp and the power comes from cappacitor or flywheel. Some tell this maschine a coilgun , but this is not for war.You know what happen if you accelerate a boat ,one way is ok ,backdrive can be slow like a tugboat.And at mach 10 the boat has to withstand highest heat as airdrag will heat it to burn in seconds. No this is not what we all want.

Your thoughts about how to start and to go in the straight course are realy good . To reach highest speed a higher basic speed will helpfull as the gaptime and acceleration distance will be shorter. Have a look at the old paper i ad . This was a artikel back from 1978 in the Flying Model mag by Ed German . All about SAW . The most thing we have to look for is "drag" . Everything of the boat that slip slide or dive in the water is drag. And this is our problem as we need a functional boat at lower speed when ruder and turnfin need tombe bigger to worke right . But at full speed on the straght the ruder can be much smaler and a turnfin ,better to have no fin.

Fabio Buzzi the Italien boatdesigner has won the river race from Pavia to Venice on the river Po with his hydroplane that has retractable turnfins on both side of the boat as the river has left and right hand turns and on the straght he runs without this turnfins.

The videos of the SAW boats are most from electric driven boats . For them it is easy to let the boat rest to let the last small wave go . With ic engine we have to go and a you never know will the engine rev up when you trottle down and go slow. Better to keep the motor running and having a boat that can handle a higher speed turn . Watching other boats is not bad and to see and learn how boats do. That's my thoughts .

The ad pic are only some pages of the artikel. if you like i can scan it to get a pdf that is moore readable. hope i will find the artikle .

Happy Amps Christian

2014-12-22 18.15.42.jpg

2014-12-22 18.17.02.jpg

NEWTONS LAWS MY FRIEND! States about objects in motion! Also a zero gravity world like space is a whole different ball game! Rifle projectiles shot in space were tested many year's ago and speeds they attained were mind blowing! And in Australia the stomp plate is used all the time in racing boats! The idea is the turn fin only enters the water when you stomp on the stomp plate! Russian torpedo makers trying to obtain supersonic speeds for torpedoes worked out years ago that if you could brake the torpedoes drag underwater by jetting compressed air or gas from the front of the torpedo whilst underwater you could illeviate water drag on the surface body of the torpedoes and you could get supersonic torpedoes fired underwater! Now back to Newton! He stated a object in motion stays in motion unless!!you being a space man!! Unless what?

Hi,

yes ,allways fun to play with Newtons laws . We in Europ like small F1-1kg boats, here a video of Kukorelli , https://youtu.be/GqmYyBAvls0

The old pictures show Hans Lehner(right side) and me when we run F1-1kg World Champion ,doing it 4 times. That's when we are 23-24 Years old .

Happy Amps Christian

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

That's a fast turning boat!! And fast in general! The prop position on the video is very interesting as well as the design of the bottom of the hull! And the old pictures were from the good old day's i can tell by the hair!☺

Another question what is the fastest 21 monohull in production at the moment? Or are they all custom job's? What holds the current 21 mono saw record? I checked the NAMBA site but couldn't really understand what the 21 size SAW boat is! Or are people a bit hesitant to say what there running? A bit like asking whats the best oil to use? thanks for any input!

All the NAMBA nitro mono SAW records and the A mono two lap record are held by Seducer hulls. The Seducer A mono is hard to beat, especially when driven by Jerry Crowther. Calcraft monos are arguably equal in the larger sizes, especially for heat racing.

Lohring Miller

Thanks Lohring again! i asked Jerry to send a hull but he never replied after telling me he would send me one? I couldn't find out how to pay him and i refuse to buy this hulls in Australia from his supplier! I will look for the Calcraft boats and see if i can find them! Thanks again mate

In the FE world the Delta Force hulls are very slippery. I ran a 26" version just over 80mph on 4 cells and 76mph on 2 cells in a NAMBA SAW event at Legg lake. I started to build a 21 nitro version, but have not finished it. Based on how the electric version ran I have no doubt it could be very fast with a nitro motor for SAW.

This is the 26" version.

P1040048.JPGP1040049.JPGIMG_1792.JPGIMG_1798.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question what is the fastest 21 monohull in production at the moment? Or are they all custom job's? What holds the current 21 mono saw record? I checked the NAMBA site but couldn't really understand what the 21 size SAW boat is! Or are people a bit hesitant to say what there running? A bit like asking whats the best oil to use? thanks for any input!
In IMPBA Kently Porter still holds the SAW record @ 73.505 with a Finch designed hull.

https://youtu.be/VAA0hbHtaOU

Bradley Calcraft are nice hulls ..i got a 39" hull. But Rum racing (Calcraft)wont send to Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for everyone's help! And the people on Intlwaters forum they have been stella! I also appreciate the people who have helped me out! Walt Burney(thanks mate for your preparedness to send to Australia!) Ken Retalik from KRE in Australia (for throwing a hand up to help a new boater starting out!! More guy's like you in this hobby would have seen newbies like me sticking around!!) Guy's like Lohring Miller! Andy Brown! Brad Nichols! Al Hobbs! Stan Simpson! John Otto! CrCo props! Bob Austin props! Bonzi Sports And all others that had the courtesy of replying to the simplest of questions asked by a guy new to rc boating!(and to the people who contributed aswell if i have forgotten any!!) Guy's like you are the people who hold the future of your sport in your hand!! And you're doing a fabulous job!! Now for all those that couldn't be bothered with the newbies! The future of your hobby and getting new guy's started in model boating in general!! When i started competitive shooting i was helped out by hall of fame shooter's that viewed me as a new guy! and a future asset to a dying sport that needed new blood and cherished a new face!! I was treated like a king!(exactly the same as i have been on Intlwaters! Well by some at least!) Now I haven't got long to live!(and stuffed if I'm looking for sympathy!!Hell no!! I will die with my boots on!) But i like to call a spade a spade! And the good guy's will always be the good guy's is my thinking! But some of the people I've had dealings with in this hobby will shape my memories in life! Deceptive! Shifty! Down right snake like in nature! You 1% have ruined this sport for the 99% that are doing the right thing!! The i won't deal with the Australian's types!! When year's ago my mates died(Dads mate's in Vietnam my mate's in the Gulf war and your other wars on terror ever since!!) Died saving Marines and US army guy's in almost every war your country called on Australia's help with!! Life is short! And lessons are hard learned!(only my opinion!!) But you 1% types in this sport should sit in front of a mirror for a day and have a long hard look at yourself!! It's over and out for me! No more RC boating! As when i look at one i get this lingering taste in my mouth that takes day's to get out! I like to think that in my final month's if i see someone throwing a hand in the air for help! I'm HELPING!! not passing by as useless onlooker in life!! thanks for the ride! But my Bum hurts!!

Cool!
default_smile.png

Andy

I haven't had it in the water yet, Just finished it We have a test and tune day on Saturday, hopefully it will run !

bob

Latest posts

Back