ML Boatworks- Scale & Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel & Kneeler, and Mono laser cut kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prices for the different kits are on the website as of this afternoon! I will say I have kept the prices very reasonable on this kit. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, when John Finch and Don Ferrette called me and told me how the boat was handling the rough water and then stated 70mph on gps, my head started turning too! This was also done without the use of any trim tabs, and John stated that the boat turned great and was not going to need them!
Actually that was 70mph on a Stalker Pro radar gun. John picked me up on the way to the pond and even though I'm strung up in this **** Aircast sling I could still hold a radar gun with my left hand.
default_biggrin.png

The only problem I would see with that, is the deck would have to be made in a left and right panel due to width. This boat has minimal frames, so it might be tough to make the top deck strong enough with a seam line down the middle.

Did you get the crazy idea yet to scale the wild thing up to gas size and see what it does?

The only problem I would see with that, is the deck would have to be made in a left and right panel due to width. This boat has minimal frames, so it might be tough to make the top deck strong enough with a seam line down the middle.
sean wills on here has a gas mono that he built from plans. it is pretty much a scaled up wild thing. it's the boat in his avatar pic. i believe it is called a cougar or puma?? john saw it at our hagerstown race this year, he agreed it was a "wild thing". boat runs very well!!

I have the plans layed out in CAD ready for the kit cutter if you would like a set. The file is in DWG. format so if you dont have AutoCad you cant open them. I also have a pdf. file of how the parts will be layed out on the wood sheets. I have redrawn the original plans and made improvements where I thought they were needed. Mostly just adding 1/4" sticks along the sides, deck, and keel to improve the strength a bit. I also changed the shape of the deck. Will be using a cowl with the new design. I have since added a windshield to the boat in my avatar. And yes I think the original was a scaled up John Finch WildThing.

Hi Sean, That would be cool! I use Autocad, so I can read them for sure. Looks like there is some interest, so if you are cool with it...and we know John is, then email them over and I will take a looks and get something setup! [email protected] is the email. Thanks, talk soon, Mike

What is the length that you currently have the boat built at?

I have the plans layed out in CAD ready for the kit cutter if you would like a set. The file is in DWG. format so if you dont have AutoCad you cant open them. I also have a pdf. file of how the parts will be layed out on the wood sheets. I have redrawn the original plans and made improvements where I thought they were needed. Mostly just adding 1/4" sticks along the sides, deck, and keel to improve the strength a bit. I also changed the shape of the deck. Will be using a cowl with the new design. I have since added a windshield to the boat in my avatar. And yes I think the original was a scaled up John Finch WildThing.

Matt. The hull is 48" long. A good size for gas mono racing I think. The boats pretty stable.Will do Mike. I'll contact you and send them over.

Hey Sean, Just emailed you back this morning about the gas wild thing. Let me know if you don't get the reply! Thanks, Mike

Here are some cool pics. DL Boatworks (Dick Loeb), shot some paint on the GSX480 gas sport prototype today! Decals and rigging it back up are next..then some liquid twisting!

ResizedImage_1389647523188_zps446aae48.jpg

ResizedImage_1389639497660_zps02fab9ab.jpg

ResizedImage_1389642760951_zps81696001.jpg

ResizedImage_1389642706335_zpsb0327ded.jpg

If none of you guys has checked out his new website. Holly Cow!!! Huge Improvements. Each kit tells you what and how much wood is required. All of them!! Takes a lot of guess work out of it.

That looks awesome Sean! I'd love to see something at like 55" so we could run it in our offshore super boat here in Florida I bet that would be pretty fast. What size motor and speeds are you seeing with that boat?

Thanks guys. I am going to review the gas Wild Thing plans today, and work on a build jig like the one I did for the smaller hulls. Mike

I sent all the decal files I had to Mike Mcknight and Jeff Ross so they can provide ML Boatworks owners with the decals they have been asking for. I just do not have the ability to do it in house efficiently, so I wanted these two to provide these for you guys since I trust their quality of work very much. Here is the link on the website with their contact info. There is also a chart on the website showing what all is available! Mike

http://mlboatworksrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=185

Back