ML Boatworks GM-480 Gas Race Mono glass hull design has begun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had to build another test hull for myself to be done. I should finish the rigging this week hopefully. Sorry for the delays on this.

Last edited:
As soon as I make laps with this one, they will go up on the website for sale. While it runs really great in FE form, I have to be sure what I am selling works as a gas platform. This is a huge step for me going into the gas race mono market, and I want to make sure it can compete with the best. Yes, it is designed for stock and mod 30, and due to the low weight, I suspect a mod 26 would work too.

Wont be long now, awaiting some prop choices, and gotta find some klotz oil, and ready to begin breaking it in! Here are some final photos before testing begins. I need to add an antenna tube and switch, but other than that, I think it is ready to go. The final RTR weight, minus only fuel is 13lbs, 0 oz..I was shooting for 13 lbs, 8oz, and did better! haha. Also, the current COG fell right on 33% with no lead or anything extra, so very happy with that as well. More soon! Mike

i-bF48kzc-X2.jpg

i-r9GxzXh-X2.jpg

i-xLp9qjN-X2.jpg

i-xjKkqp4-X2.jpg

i-K5ssZvn-X2.jpg

i-vFz2S52-X2.jpg

i-LRQTT8q-X2.jpg

I will buy your boat because of your meticulous workmanship. I hope your test is very positive. My question is would you be thinking of blending in a air scooped top cover like the enclosed off shore boats to keep from being washed out by other boat.

Wont be long now, awaiting some prop choices, and gotta find some klotz oil, and ready to begin breaking it in! Here are some final photos before testing begins. I need to add an antenna tube and switch, but other than that, I think it is ready to go. The final RTR weight, minus only fuel is 13lbs, 0 oz..I was shooting for 13 lbs, 8oz, and did better! haha. Also, the current COG fell right on 33% with no lead or anything extra, so very happy with that as well. More soon! Mike

i-bF48kzc-X2.jpg

i-r9GxzXh-X2.jpg

i-xLp9qjN-X2.jpg

i-xjKkqp4-X2.jpg

i-K5ssZvn-X2.jpg

i-vFz2S52-X2.jpg

i-LRQTT8q-X2.jpg

Very nice boat. Can’t wait to hear how it performs.

Well, the crew came through today, and tested the has mono. I am so happy to see what this video showed. Quickdraw 30.5 engine. They said it seemed in the upper 60's, and I believe it. Enjoy, Mike

Mike the boat looks really good on the water. I would like to see some tight down on the buoys turn tests along with some rough water runs if at all possible. I would appreciate that very much. Just asking. I'm waiting for your complete testing. Thanks.

Mike the boat looks really good on the water. I would like to see some tight down on the buoys turn tests along with some rough water runs if at all possible. I would appreciate that very much. Just asking. I'm waiting for your complete testing. Thanks.

All that will be done..the boat runs great on buoys..and i can't control water lol..but more is comming.. not bad for off bench to the water.. boat drives smooth

As Eddie said, all in due time. It was probably the first windless day in NC in two months. It was also the very first day the gas version/ Eddies hull, has ever been in the water. Probably gonna need several days to get use to its handling characteristics vs any other hull he has run along the way. I have plenty of them to build for other customers already to keep me busy now anyways till you are ready for one! MIke

Thanks for feedback Mike. Who makes the hardware & are you going to sell with boat. What prop did you use on either boat. Thanks.
All Hardware is Speedmaster also the tfl hardware will work props I tried a few different versions of my 7016 all work good turm fins came from zippkits. Ill be trying diffrent styles just to see if one better over the other

Back