ML Boatworks GM-480 Gas Race Mono glass hull design has begun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane, Not quite ready to release the carbon decks yet. I had some air bubbles in corners on that one in the photos, and need to take some time to try and work through those issues. Doing one that way will be around $550 with a white or black bottom tho. The normal all white, or all black gel coat price, full carbon layup is $450. Colors are extra. Thanks! Mike

Oh, it already in production. I have a list 6 deep so far, and more questions every day. Some big racers are on the list now too. Its on my website, but if you want one, I just need to know what colors so I can put you on the list. Mike

Been busy in the shop the last couple weeks. Got Brannon's Green/ black splatter hull done and over to him. Been working on a new mod hull for myself, which is the grey/ white hull. It's getting a CP Mod Zen 29.5. It also has a custom floor with foam core reinforcement for higher front end strength..This hull is still sub 6lbs! And, I made myself an STV. I have owned the molds for years, and never made myself one, so, now that I am into gas, I had to do it until I get the CP Kat molds ready. Oh, Eddies black/ white mono will be at Charleston this weekend, and Darrell will have his on hand, tho not entered. Search those guys out and take a peak at their hulls, and build quality! Thanks, Mike

i-Q37Fvrr-X3.jpg

i-BZRhvjb-X3.jpg

i-7QhNVBK-X3.jpg

i-MZdxfFg-X3.jpg

i-w7rXJRg-X3.jpg

i-jWKmd34-X3.jpg

i-RjMH2tD-X3.jpg

-

Put the SS Mono in the club race last weekend. I had a blast. My driving skills are improving, and the boat runs really well. Each time out its getting better and better, and faster. I even helped fill the open offshore class with it (stock 260) and was able to drive it to 1st place in a heat..held off an established racer with a much faster boat for 4 laps, and pulled out 1st in the heat! It was fun for sure. JJ Johnson took some great action photos I figured I would share. The last 2 club races have been won by Eddie T. with his Mod ML mono. He has it running VERY fast...it just keeps on winning!

i-VCTzw2b-X4.jpg

i-5NPDns8-X3.jpg

i-cPcQB9Z-X3.jpg

i-C3LhBS3-X3.jpg

i-LDqgGNB-X3.jpg

i-6973VS5-X3.jpg

The red boat is almost ready. This is to be a 100mph attempt boat on 10s lipo by Doug Smock, who currently owns that IMPBA record. I have added tabbing inside the top, and bottom, to bolt a mechanical joint carbon fiber bar between the top and bottom decks, hopefully keeping the boat together during blowoffs at that speed. We are very excited to see how it performs and hopefully get that record!!

20210818_194231-X3.jpg

20210818_194237-X3.jpg

20210818_194222-X3.jpg

20210818_194215-X3.jpg

20210818_194257-X3.jpg

Hello guys,
what a development process in the beginning to get to this point! Very nice.
I have followed the thread and I am curious if there is anyone out there who is able to compare this hull to the 48"Assault Mono in racing conditions (choppy water). Sizes should be similar but what about the performance when set up properly and driving with a few boats? Has anyone driven both?

Hello guys,
what a development process in the beginning to get to this point! Very nice.
I have followed the thread and I am curious if there is anyone out there who is able to compare this hull to the 48"Assault Mono in racing conditions (choppy water). Sizes should be similar but what about the performance when set up properly and driving with a few boats? Has anyone driven both?
I have number 2 out the mold and built it for gas.. the boat runs great turn really smooth and handles chopy water great..i have raced mine against the assaults and it runs just as good..comes down to driver and set up.

I have the green/black one in this thread and its set up with a 30.5. I agree with Eddie - VERY capable boat regardless of power plant or water conditions.
I have already talked with Mike about a second one...

Back